litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Chatsworth Meet Versus The Weather...

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

THIS GIG WILL NOT BE CANCELLED!!!

We are British, let's not forget, and possessed of an indominatable spirit!

Did the spitfire pilots in the Battle of Britain let a little precipitation deter them from shooting messerschmidts out of the sky?

No!

Did the Sutherland Highlanders allow the Russians to breach their thin red line because the Crimean weather was a little unpredictable?

No!

Did Prince Philip look out of the window on Jubilee day and say "sod that, it's pi**ing it down"?

No! He went on that barge and made himself poorly (and yes I know he's technically Greek but leave me, I'm on a roll)

Did Proffessor Peter Higgs put aside his nascent Boson theory because he didn't like the look of the long range forecast?

No!

Fair play to you dan!!!!!!

And I appreciate all your hard work very much so

As I posted I didn't intend to piss you or anyone else off but felt the question was relevant to what I have witnessed today!!!!!

Many thanks hope all goes well !!!!!

Did Proffessor Peter Higgs put aside his nascent Boson theory because he didn't like the look of the long range forecast?

cheers.gif That's the spirit!

I'll be in the Elise if I've got the brakes changed by then, I've got a new rear caliper, discs and pads to do tomorrow...

Otherwise, the Volvo.

Will anybody be wearing name badges or anything? I've had a quick scan down the list and I think there's only Janine and Paul who I've met before. I imagine there will also be a few other people for whom it's their first MLOC meet, which I know can be quite daunting if you don't know who to talk to.

I'll probably be wearing a dark green T shirt with a yellow Lotus emblem on, or a rain coat if it's pissing it down.

Dean... You should be off buying loaves of bread or something. (But well said.)

Al, we'll all spot you if you're in the Volvo... but no-one will spot any of us. I'd offer you a hand tomorrow, but I've got a stack of work to complete in order that I can have Sunday free. Ruby Reds aren't that common- look for one with black wheels and there's a good chance it's me.

hopefully turning them into wine as well....as long as his mate noah doesnt turn up on sunday....

Did William Shakespeare write the immortal line "shall I compare thee to a summer's day (unless it's raining)"?

No!

What are you all worried about anyway, it is not going to rain as bad as today three days on the trot, surely? (that was a rhetorical question, don't answer it!!)

Dean

The Lotus's went in two by two, hurrah, hurrah,

The Lotus's went in two by two, hurrah, hurrah,

The Lotus's went in two by two, Elise S1 and S2,

And they all went into the ark, for to get out of the rain.

The Lotus's went in three by three, hurrah, hurrah,

The Lotus's went in three by three, hurrah, hurrah,

The Lotus's went in three by three, Exige Elan and Esprit,

And they all went into the ark, for to get out of the rain.

Al, we'll all spot you if you're in the Volvo... but no-one will spot any of us. I'd offer you a hand tomorrow, but I've got a stack of work to complete in order that I can have Sunday free. Ruby Reds aren't that common- look for one with black wheels and there's a good chance it's me.

That's all well and good, but unless you sit in your car or look like your car, it's not generally that easy...

Also, the Volvo was chosen for its stealthiness:

16062012539.jpg

Unfortunatly no name badges. I have had to start talking to people to find out who they are. Im in a very Stripey S2 BTW.

Park it next to mine, it'll be like a negative image:

Binbrooks.jpg

Archived