litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Chatsworth Meet Versus The Weather...

Hi guys

I'm thinking (stressing) about this, so I'm sure there are others also.

The forecast for the week ahead is pretty rubbish and I think we have to allow for the probability that the weekend could be much the same. I'm just wondering what the arrangements are like at Chatsworth for the meet. Mainly, parking. The thread in events says we park facing each other across a drive, does that mean "on the grass" because I just have this vision of 70 Lotus' all stuck in the mud and Chatsworth house going mental because of us churning up their lovely grass verges.

Also, if it pi$$e$ it down all day are we just going to get soaked, or are there tents / gazeebos etc to stand under?

Not trying to put a damper on things (excuse the pun), I just want to be prepared!

Graham

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Im stressing as well, God knows what Dean must be doing. Im not bothered by the rain but it would be a big shame after all the effort Dean has put in.

I got wet on the Serpentine one last weeknd, i expect the same this weekend. A few thoughts about possibilities would not go amiss. Im sure 60 off us can push a 700 - 800 kg Lotus off a bit of grass.

Im not sure on Chatsworths attitude to it though ? :)

I was at Chatsworth just a couple of weeks ago, weather was scorching that day! Fantastic venue for the meet, sadly I am competing in a triathlon that day so I can't make it.

Where are you looking to park the cars? In front of the house or to the side where the road up to the court yard type area is..... I would have thought the latter, because of the angle, would have decent run off and like GK says I am sure the 60 plus Lotus folks can assist any stuck cars.

I did also notice that right outside the front of the house is some tracking type stuff on the ground for what I assume was for something to drive over. I can't recall how far it went now though.

I guess an issue is the limited cover if the weather is torrential, unless as a group you take gazebos etc and your are allowed to situated them somewhere.

Did I also see that parking was costing £5? It was £3 when I went, or are you paying more for the reservation?

If it's going to be steady rain there is no point bringing th 340R to sit and fill with wather throughout the day.

If I can't get the seats back in the S2 and an MOT by saturday ot might be curtains for me.

Unless you all want to stand round my car with umbrellas all day that is smile.gif

Seeing as I've not adjusted my windows, I'm going to get wet if its raining. Still up for it though as it'll be great to get out and about and see some MLOC'ers again... and of course, the end result of all Dean's effort.

Where are you looking to park the cars? In front of the house or to the side where the road up to the court yard type area is..... I would have thought the latter, because of the angle, would have decent run off and like GK says I am sure the 60 plus Lotus folks can assist any stuck cars.

I was at Chatsworth last Sunday for the Porsche owners club meeting, they used the grass verge each side of the side road leading to the court yard, if we are parked there then there will be no problems for getting stuck the ground is very hard and well drained.

The parking was £3

I'll be there come rain or shine (sod the weather).

Looking forward to it.

im looking forward to sampling mrs b's delights!!!!!!! chairs, rugs and brollies already in the boot...

must remember to bring mrs scatty or there will be trouble at the mill.....

I remember the Big Meet organised a few years ago for one of the summer months. Started by Scott and then organised for months and months with lots signed up. On the day the weather was awful, but there we all were, soggy and ready for a great day out and not letting a bit (or a lot) of the wet stuff ruin all the hard preparation. Anyway by lunch it was glorious so you never know.

I'll be there Sunday sporting my summer best or my wellies, whatever is needed.

Looking forward to it, and to seeing everyone :)

P.S people have to come to see what prizes & treats we have managed to gather!

well me and the misses will defiantly be there.been lookin forward to this since the very first post.to much hard work been put into this to let a bit of rain spoil it.

bring it on .........

I was at Chatsworth last Sunday for the Porsche owners club meeting, they used the grass verge each side of the side road leading to the court yard, if we are parked there then there will be no problems for getting stuck the ground is very hard and well drained.

The parking was £3

I'll be there come rain or shine (sod the weather).

Looking forward to it.

This is exactly where we are parking guys so don't worry - no risk of getting stuck at all, I promise. I was at the TVR do in the spring when it absolutely hammered down all night and all day and there was no problem with cars getting bogged down. It is hard, well drained ground, on a small hill. Fear not!

The £5 includes, I suppose, an event fee for Chatsworth, but does give us discounted entry to the house and gardens, and some discount in the gift shop (which is very posh!).

If it hammers down all day I would suggest to people to hide from the rain in the cafe, or have the tour of the house - we are not allowed to put up gazebos. I have asked for special permission to put up a little one over lunch to keep the food dry if it rains and am awaiting a reply. If it is vetoed, and it rains, it might be a case of being served your picnic food from the back of a van!

If it is showery, we may put the picnic back a little hoping for a dry spell.

Apart from that there's not much i can do guys.

Thanks for the support above btw.

Getting excited now!!

Dean

My car is in desperate need of an MLOC meet - with last years/this years problems it has been well over a year since my last appearance!

Can't bloody wait - rain or shine!

...and my little boy will be in tow as well - wearing his own 4 point harnesses lol!

I think you have done a great job Dean in organising this

Well done to you. Looking forward to it

Thanks mate. I am looking forward to it too. Can't wait in fact.......

Archived