litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Hgf + Diy = Kr1

Phil S1

Got a few more jobs done over the weekend, nothing to really warrant any more photos though.

The oil tube is glued in place but I need to get a new seal before I can assemble the oil pump back onto the block. Apart from that I removed the air filter / fuel filter assembly and all the associated wiring such that I could rub down the roll bar stays and give them a coat of POR15 (I still had some left from the suspension refresh a while ago). Whilst that lot was off I also disconnected and cleaned up some of the earth connections and gave the various connector blocks a clean up with some switch cleaner.

The only other job I got done was to connect the hose pipe up to the cooling system and flush out the rad of any remaining old coolant.

OEM rad or all ally?

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It just so happens i have come across a brand new K series head. Its an LDF 10233 casting. This is the high port 1.6 / 1.8 K one. Its complete with valves, cam followers cams etc all brand spanking new. You obviously would not have to worry about it being soft etc.

It would be ideal for Rog to do his work on and then slap it on your car. It would save you being without a car for a while whilst Rog does his work.

I could be tempted to part with it for a reasonable price. I thought i would put it on here as its relevant and might get missed in the ads. I was going to keep it but other upgrades are on the horizon and i could put the money to these. PM if interested. ( sorry again for the drift Phil )

Where do you keep coming across these engine bits Martin? Bit late for me now but ideal for Dean I guess ;-)

No confirmed date for my head from Kiwirog just yet, it would be great if it was ready before the Spring bank holiday though. There's another satisfied customer posting on seloc so I'm looking forward to see what difference it makes to mine :-)

Phil

Any news from Rog yet ? Do you have an eta ? (edit I really should reread threads having just read up a couple !)

Anyway, I am heading to see Rog in a couple of weeks (can pick yours up if done when I drop mine off if you need ?)

Paul

Hi Paul,

I've been in contact with Rog this week but no definite eta just yet. What I'm hoping ideally is that it's ready in time for the spring bank holiday as I'm off all that week and it'll give me plenty of time to put everything back together.

Thanks for the offer, I'll bear that in mind, provided you don't bring mine back and fit it straight on yours that is :lol:

Hi Paul,

I've been in contact with Rog this week but no definite eta just yet. What I'm hoping ideally is that it's ready in time for the spring bank holiday as I'm off all that week and it'll give me plenty of time to put everything back together.

Thanks for the offer, I'll bear that in mind, provided you don't bring mine back and fit it straight on yours that is :lol:

the offer stands for a hardness test FOC if you just cover P+P or bring it.

Still the OEM rad for now. An all alloy one is on the cards one day as funds allow plus one clam off the car is enough for the moment.

Be careful your OEM is not already leaking, white witness stains on the black endcaps are the cue for a new rad.

Archived