litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

S1 Type 49 Elise Refresh

Badger02

Though after setting the new track rod ends in more or less the same position as the previous ones and with the same distance from the locknut to where the thread ends, the steering arms look miles out. Not sure why at this time, going to check if the new track rod ends are a different length to the old ones later.

20240204_190445.jpg

20240204_190329.jpg

1st hub carrier is in. Not blowing my own trumpet (heaven forbid), but considering this is the 1st time I've done this on any car to this level of detail, I'm rather bloody happy with the result 😊

20240206_092214.jpg

The anti roll bar is in. Almost finished the front end. I decided to remove the brake disc shields as they'd got a bit bent and were rubbing on the discs and no amount of adjusting would stop the scraping

20240211_182646.jpg

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Badger02 said:

Bit of white vinyl applied to the pebble dash area of the front wheelarch to make it look smarter

20240214_085403.jpg

Good plan matey - we did that on 'Eleanor' and she still looks smart 10 years later as its very hardwearing

• Like 1

New crossover pipes Installed on the front calipers. Have to be careful when installing these as quite thin walled and easy to distort, so take it slow and screw one side in one revolution then swap to the other side

Screenshot_20240215_192421_Gallery.jpg

I'll be disappointed if you haven't got at least half a dozen bits left when you've put the car back together!!!

Fantastic work which I have enjoyed watching over the past few months.......

BTW - The brake calipers look great in dark grey.

• Like 1

• Badger02 changed the title to S1 Type 49 Elise Refresh