litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

S1 Type 49 Elise Refresh

Badger02

I'm happy with that, and saves me £72 for a new one from EP :)

I did bend a spoon, then wrapped some tissue around the end and wiped the interior once the degreaser and boiling water had softened up the residual oil.

20240315_220410.jpg

• Badger02 changed the title to S1 Type 49 Elise Refresh

Getting the new one in was the easy bit.

Thought just a flat head screwdriver would do the job of getting the old one out but it wouldn't budge, so bought one of these

Screenshot_20240317_192655_Amazon Shopping.jpg

Next job is to replace the broken flexi exhaust pipe. On the left is the 2nd hand one I got for £40. Not looking forward to getting the old one out as access is not great and all 4 nuts that join it to the manifold are completely rusted.

Screenshot_20240319_202950_Gallery.jpg

Old end of life flexi exhaust pipe on the right is out. 2nd hand one is on the left. Getting the old one out was a challenge, the 4 stud bolt nuts that connect to the manifold flange were completely rusted and seized, and I didn't want to be using my blow torch so close to the plastic bulkhead. Borrowed some nut extractors from my mate which bite into nuts and slowly but surely they came of without a single broken stud 😊 I'll clean up the new pipe before installing it

20240320_072858.jpg

20240322_084627.jpg

Screenshot_20240322_094052_Gallery.jpg

4 minutes ago, Badger02 said:

Think it's fair to say the manifold heatshield has seen better days. Bought some Nimbus heatshield to make a new one

Screenshot_20240322_201519_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20240322_201507_Gallery.jpg

Great progress pal, keep it coming 👍 

Ps. Watch yourself on the edges of the nimbus.  if its the single skin stuff it needs to be treated like it's an A3 razor blade that wants to hurt you...all the time 😮