litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

S1 Type 49 Elise Refresh

Badger02

Rear grilles derusted and given a lick of paint.

Now only to replace the front licence plate as it has a crack in it, properly attach the boot drain hose to the drain pipe, then clean the car, then wait for the geo next week and road tests thereafter

Screenshot_20240423_202539_Gallery.jpg

I doff my hat to you Badger!!  Super impressive project to follow from start to finish. I hope to see the car out and about over the summer. 👏 

• Like 1

All was going well on my 1st test drive on Wednesday. Speedo working, temp steady at around 80 deg c, no bangs, knocking or grinding noises. That was  until about 10 miles in when the brakes began sounding awful. A very careful drive home, and yep I'd managed to put a brake pad in the wrong way round (good on left, bad on right). No need to call me an idiot, I already feel like one. New pair of pads and as the disc got badly scoured also had to buy a new pair of discs. Arrived today, job to do tomorrow

20240501_194314.jpg

On 23/04/2024 at 20:26, Badger02 said:

Rear grilles derusted and given a lick of paint.

Now only to replace the front licence plate as it has a crack in it, properly attach the boot drain hose to the drain pipe, then clean the car, then wait for the geo next week and road tests thereafter

Maybe a 'custom' set of plates Badger?

Front.JPG

As one door closes (fitted new front pads and discs this morning) another one opens as I have a patch of oil under the engine area so now time to remove the undertrays and have a look see as to what's going on.

Edited by Badger02

18 minutes ago, Badger02 said:

As one door closes (fitted new front pads and discs this morning) another one opens as I have a patch of oil under the engine area so now time to remove the undertrays and have a look see as to what's going on.

Just embrace it Badger, it's all part of the rebuild process. Road test found issue...perfect!👍

I hope I haven't cursed you with my cautionary tail about the EP gearbox oil seals.

Waiting with baited breath for next update 

• Like 1