litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

S1 Type 49 Elise Refresh

Badger02

Apart from the tie rod to fit, I'd say the passenger side rear is done with wishbones derusted, painted and lacquered, new bushes and ball joints, caliper painted and new brake flexi and clips, hub cleaned and painted, plus transmission seal replaced

20240326_085226.jpg

A tip for you, when installing the long driveshaft, make sure the accelerator cable is routed between the engine and the driveshaft.

Otherwise you'll end up doing what I had to do which was disconnect the cable at the throttle body, re route it, then reconnect it.

Looking good. Its interesting to see all the various inner parts, most of us dont get to pull apart, for now.....

But at some point, we may do......

1 hour ago, Dave-hp said:

Looking good. Its interesting to see all the various inner parts, most of us dont get to pull apart, for now.....

But at some point, we may do......

Thanks, you should go for it - it's not that daunting.

On Monday, the K series expert mobile mechanic is coming to my house to change the cambelt and the head gasket, so I'll be seeing parts of my engine I've not seen before :)