Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Lotus Number 9…….the Evora Launch Edition Refresh thread

Daveb99

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 months later...

It has been a quiet 3-4 months with the Evora, as I’ve been working on the house a fair bit.

However after 5 months of deliberations I’ve finally got my wheels refurbished.   I went for gloss anthracite, absolutely delighted with them - to my eyes they are more suited to my “lower black pack” than the diamond cut finish 👍🏻

I had them done by Nuneaton Alloys and Powder Coating and they were extremely good value.   The quality of the finish is top drawer.  They cure the powder at a nice low temp (180-200C) for just 15 mins so absolutely no risk to the integrity of the alloy👌🏻

1C5C55F3-7DEC-48B5-ABF4-D00A2316BB93.jpeg

7B8A59D9-1A1A-43FB-B9B3-B92A4F8FD376.jpeg

FB28FF67-1EDD-4C95-8CB1-3756B5B37566.jpeg

EFF59CBB-898D-45AB-9FD2-6AF7754D02C2.jpeg

EFD1C2BE-5300-43B2-8CC6-7AED2CFBC7BA.jpeg

38C4AA30-D970-489A-BCF6-1DCFA4A9E02D.jpeg

C919F0A8-E2FA-439E-B888-BF1B987ED7AA.jpeg

26C97A23-A1A8-4692-9556-9FFFBF331A67.jpeg

2 minutes ago, martenr1975 said:

Wheels and car looking amazing Dave. Looking forward to a close up tomorrow, if we can see through the fog 🧐🤦

Thanks Rich, looking forward to catching up - been a while.  Let’s hope the fog lifts 😳

Looking good Dave 👍

What's the colour? (And please don't just say "grey" :lol: )

EDIT: Sorry, just taken the time to read the words rather than just drooling over the photos :lolspin: - gloss anthracite it is then!

• 3 weeks later...

Some of you may have spotted that, despite all the hard work I’ve put into the car, it has been up for sale in the last week, and is now sold awaiting collection.

This was never in our plans; the sale was somewhat forced due to my wife no longer being able to drive a manual comfortably because of a health problem, and we bought the car to use not only for Lotus meets and runs but primarily for weekends away and longer trips etc, where we typically share the driving.

It will be missed, and the new owner has bought a truly great example of this wonderful sports car.

However - have no fear - I am still keeping my mustard Elise S1 👍🏻

I hope you’ve enjoyed reading this thread and if anyone needs any further tips or guidance get in touch.

Cheers,

Dave

That's a shame Dave and of course I'm sorry to hear that your wife has some problems. Maybe start saving for a AMG engined DCT Emira 👍

See you on a Peaks run in the yellow S1 sometime soon :)

4 hours ago, duncx said:

That's a shame Dave and of course I'm sorry to hear that your wife has some problems. Maybe start saving for a AMG engined DCT Emira 👍

See you on a Peaks run in the yellow S1 sometime soon :)

Thanks Duncan - I’m sure I’ll get my backside into an Emira one day.

In the meantime, you’re on the right lines with DCT.   But it will be sonically way superior to the Emira i4…..

Archived