litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Ctek... Which one?

Neilshannon27

Afternoon all, 

Need to purchase a Ctek for Ellie (the lotus). 

I never needed o e before now and when searching on Google there seems to be a lot of choice! 

Can anyone give me some recommendations, models that they use and work well please? 

looking for one with quick detachable cable and also can you get extensions leads for them? 

Cheers

Neil

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, themightylad said:

Hi, 

I use a CTEK MXS 5.0 on my S3 Elise - works great! 

I used a simpler CTEK model on my old kitcar which had an AGM battery which worked well too 👍

Ol

Cheers mate, I'll have a look 👍

1 minute ago, The Cakes said:

Just wait until ALDI or Lidl have them for a tenner! Mine have been spot on 👍🏻

Need to get one soon to be fair but will keep an eye for them as for that price it's worth getting one as a spare 

I have the CTEK 3.8. I have the connectors permanently connected to the battery with a plug that is really easy to plug in/out. Can't remember if the plug connector was included or and extra. Have used for a number of years now - no probs.

On 27/07/2019 at 19:23, The Cakes said:

+1 to this. I have a couple of these and they work fine. Most smart chargers use the same/similar control chip so not much to choose between them in terms of operation & function.

• 2 months later...
On 27/07/2019 at 19:23, The Cakes said:

I've got 4 CTEKs of various sorts. 3 Branded CTEK and one branded Aston Martin. I also had an Aldi one.

3 of the CTEKs have issues with dodgy buttons and the Aldi one died in less than 12 months!

I have an old CTEK, which has been fine, but followed the recommendations on SELOC for and bought one of these a year ago for the S160.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Maypole-7423A-Battery-Charger-Electronic/dp/B009A83P1E

Way cheaper and absolutely brilliant.  Will Blackham swears by them and has used them for years.    Don’t waste your money on CTEK.

Archived