Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

New Daily.....it's rapid ;)

Daveb99

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, Eric said:

No-one should be buying sh1tty diesels any more anyway.

Don't believe the hype or you'll be advocating 50 mph speed limits on motorways and everyone going vegan.

Until such time as electric cars can do the same mileage and power generation is 100% renewable people shouldn't be demonised and taxed for making the choices that they do. 

Have to admit our Golf R we bought new at the end of 2015 has been faultless. Obviously now they have just face lifted the car , giving it 10 more bhp and the new gesture control setup with the lcd dash from audi.

10 bhp was always going to be disappointing from VW due to these cars responding from 296 to 370 bhp on a single remap.

Of course the new focus is a cracking car , like VW / AUDI using a similar system to the  Haldex 4wd system but for us the styling  was too in your face , along with the type r . The vw just has a few r baged dotted around and subtle tweeks to the bumpers etc.

I think next for us is a 440i x drive but we will see.

8 hours ago, Christopher Lawless said:

Don't believe the hype or you'll be advocating 50 mph speed limits on motorways and everyone going vegan.

Until such time as electric cars can do the same mileage and power generation is 100% renewable people shouldn't be demonised and taxed for making the choices that they do. 

What a dumb comment.

Diesels always were, and still are, the selfish choice.  Folks buy them because they're only thinking about their back pocket and not about the harm they're doing to everyone else, and the planet.  Where do all those minute particulates go?  Into your sodding lungs that's where - and they aint coming out again.

20 hours ago, Eric said:

What a dumb comment.

Diesels always were, and still are, the selfish choice.  Folks buy them because they're only thinking about their back pocket and not about the harm they're doing to everyone else, and the planet.  Where do all those minute particulates go?  Into your sodding lungs that's where - and they aint coming out again.

I'm not going to get into an argument but where do you thing all the CO2 from your large engined sport car goes?

On 5/4/2017 at 21:55, Eric said:

I wouldn't let a few dodgy diesel fuel figures cloud your thinking.  No-one should be buying sh1tty diesels any more anyway.

On individual merit, VW's petrol engined performance cars are now brilliant, and setting the standards by which all other (hot hatches) are measured.

"A few dodgy diesel" 11 million vehicles were affected !! and it is not the fuel figures it is the emmissions

How can you ever trust such a cynical company?  They built software into the vehicles that detect when it is being tested and change the engine mode.  What else in your "brilliant" car has been manipulated, or fiddled?  

As someone once said "i bought a VW and I am fuming"

I had a blast again my friend in his m135i this week end, that car is ridiculously capable against my v6 Exige .. Makes you reconsider your dailuy drive but also the week end toy somehow... Those hatchback get superquick, my megane rs was not far from being as fast as my old exige s260 in straights ... 

Good choice Dave, I've had my M135i for 4 years now and love it, mines Estoril Blue and it still amazes me just how powerful and capable it is against many far more expensive sports cars. Only major problem I have had was the turbo going on the M4 last year just out of warranty

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

53 minutes ago, Foggy said:

Good choice Dave, I've had my M135i for 4 years now and love it, mines Estoril Blue and it still amazes me just how powerful and capable it is against many far more expensive sports cars. Only major problem I have had was the turbo going on the M4 last year just out of warranty emoji35.png

Turbo replacement sounds expensive, especially at Sytner's!!

Hi Adam, it's been a long time. Yes Sytner wanted £2100 for the turbo plus fitting and oil and filter change, total £3500!!! I got Carnetix in Melton who have always looked after my cars to sort it. Identical OE Borg Warner turbo £1000 and a further £800 fitting oil/filter and service

Part of the reason I buy or lease newer cars now, I don't want any unexpected bills and will most likely trade in the M140i once its out of warranty. 

Guy at work asked me today if that was my new car in the carpark today, said 1 series are for girls. I just said you clearly don't know your cars.

The M140i is perfect for me right now, I didn't have time to use the Elise as it should be. Now I can drop the little one of at nursery then take the long way to work and have some fun. 

4 hours ago, un1eash said:

Part of the reason I buy or lease newer cars now, I don't want any unexpected bills and will most likely trade in the M140i once its out of warranty. 

Guy at work asked me today if that was my new car in the carpark today, said 1 series are for girls. I just said you clearly don't know your cars.

The M140i is perfect for me right now, I didn't have time to use the Elise as it should be. Now I can drop the little one of at nursery then take the long way to work and have some fun. 

I agree, that will be my way forward when I change, possibly in a few months, either lease or PCP. I love my M135 and would consider a 140, but with gangly teenagers I could do with something bigger like a 4 series Gran Coupe, although I am wondering if I could get away with a Focus RS.

As you say, some people just haven't got a clue about certain cars. I love it when you get some smart arse, usually in Leicester, tries to burn you off from the lights etc and you can just blow them away, as they don't realise what it is. I was talking to the sales guy at Sytner Nottingham earlier and they are dying to get hold of mine, a 3 door manual in Estoril Blue as a lot of what has been sold has been the auto but many used customers want a manual.

IMG_1997.JPG

I went with my mate a couple months ago to buy a 440i GC, put pretty much every option on it. Apart from the HUD and extras its pretty much the same as my M140i inside as far as quality and controls go. Only 322bhp/450nm which I remind him off all the time. 

Nice to see a couple of other owners on here - and I see you chose the best colour Foggy....

Mine is nearly 4 years old and the extended BMW warranty has just been transferred into my name. I plan to extend it in July, as it's only £350 a year and covers most things, no quibble.

I've sourced a spare set of mint 436M alloys for it, and some hardly used Michelin winter tyres too.

Fitted the M Performance Black kidney grilles the other day - I much prefer the look.

Archived