litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

New Daily.....it's rapid ;)

Daveb99

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Dave, the black grilles look superb with the blue. 
Glad to see some other BMW fans. Maybe we should organise a MLOC BMW breakfast run

Cheers Adam, it was a fiddly job though, but worth it...

For me they've always been very well engineered cars, especially the engines and drivetrain, and with a few exceptions they are relatively driver focussed compared to some of the competition, e.g endless understeering Audis!

I'm on my third, having had an E46 330Ci a decade ago, and I still have my F11 525d Touring which is up for sale.....if anybody is interested it's minty mint and high spec/low miles...

I'm a fan, I'm on my third too. Even my previous 13 plate X5 40d was a quick car and for a big heavy lump it handled well and I found it fun to drive. It was also a great workhorse for work and for trucking the family around. A great diesel engine. 

I swapped it in November for a slightly less sensible choice, which I deliberated on for sometime, but eventually talked myself into it. Glad I did I'm really enjoying it. 

IMG_5786.thumb.JPG.f71d67533483e6096c599261094b9faa.JPG

F80 M3 Competition Pack. The CP gets you slightly different suspension and electronic diff set up, tweaked exhaust, different seats, all black external trim and ups power to 450bhp 

Its Sakhir Orange, a bit of a controversial, but I love it.😁

That M3 looks awesome, love the colour, they should all be loud colours. 

Im on my 4th BMW now, always been a fan from working on E30's back when in university. Ive had a 2007 E85 Z4, 2008 E92 320d M Sport and currently a 2017 M140i and 2016 F11 520d M Sport.

Got rid of my E92 for a GT86 when we got the F11 and always missed it, I still think its one of the best looking cars on the road. Didn't get on with the GT86 so started looking at another BMW.

Because of the silver wing mirrors and bumper fins I don't think black grills will suit my white M140i.

Crickey, us BM fans will be getting abuse on here soon!!!

Dave, that looks a lovely clean example with a nice shine, I don't think I have seen an Estoril Blue one with Oyster interior yet, mostly black interior or some red. I too wanted red as a mate had a black 120d with red interior and it looked beaut.

Mine has got to go off to the body shop on Wednesday for repairs after some kind sole hit her in my own office car park and buggered off without saying a word. They scraped and buckled the bumper and pushed the headlight in behind the wing, it also shunted it backwards into the fence behind scraping the rear bumper too. BASTARDS!!! Thank god I have protected no claims. When she comes back I am going to get a detailer to come and give her the works all over.

IMG_1695.JPG.e9db87f4255dba8aebf738160cc3403a.JPGIMG_1696.JPG.56c52351e4e7376a9966d5c25316be66.JPG

Adam, hadn't realised you had changed yours, the M3 looks fabulous, my dream car at the moment is a sky blue M4.

I bet you have to take it easy over the speed bumps on the way up to yours, especially the one outside Dave Johns old place, I nearly took the splitter on my Lotus on that one!!

We will have to start a Lotus fast BMW club:clap:

IMG_1484.JPG.a231f1f6dae5f9867237c59e92aba9be.JPG

7 hours ago, un1eash said:

That M3 looks awesome, love the colour, they should all be loud colours. 

Im on my 4th BMW now, always been a fan from working on E30's back when in university. Ive had a 2007 E85 Z4, 2008 E92 320d M Sport and currently a 2017 M140i and 2016 F11 520d M Sport.

Got rid of my E92 for a GT86 when we got the F11 and always missed it, I still think its one of the best looking cars on the road. Didn't get on with the GT86 so started looking at another BMW.

Because of the silver wing mirrors and bumper fins I don't think black grills will suit my white M140i.

I had a white E92 320d M sport with red leather. It still ranks highly on my list of previous cars.

if you were going to go with black grilles I'd maybe go carbon rear diffuser and wing mirror caps. Would make it quite expensive though. 

7 hours ago, Foggy said:

Crickey, us BM fans will be getting abuse on here soon!!!

Dave, that looks a lovely clean example with a nice shine, I don't think I have seen an Estoril Blue one with Oyster interior yet, mostly black interior or some red. I too wanted red as a mate had a black 120d with red interior and it looked beaut.

Mine has got to go off to the body shop on Wednesday for repairs after some kind sole hit her in my own office car park and buggered off without saying a word. They scraped and buckled the bumper and pushed the headlight in behind the wing, it also shunted it backwards into the fence behind scraping the rear bumper too. BASTARDS!!! Thank god I have protected no claims. When she comes back I am going to get a detailer to come and give her the works all over.

IMG_1695.JPG.e9db87f4255dba8aebf738160cc3403a.JPGIMG_1696.JPG.56c52351e4e7376a9966d5c25316be66.JPG

Adam, hadn't realised you had changed yours, the M3 looks fabulous, my dream car at the moment is a sky blue M4.

I bet you have to take it easy over the speed bumps on the way up to yours, especially the one outside Dave Johns old place, I nearly took the splitter on my Lotus on that one!!

We will have to start a Lotus fast BMW club:clap:

IMG_1484.JPG.a231f1f6dae5f9867237c59e92aba9be.JPG

It's bad enough when someone damages your car, but when they do it and don't have the courtesy to own up that's just not on. 

What detailer you going to use?

Yes, changed in November. M4's very nice too, obviously practically the same car.  If it had been the previous series (e.g. E92) I'd of definitely gone for the coupe, but in this shape I actually prefer the 4 door. I just like the stance and the more flared rear arches. Plus it helps with the 3 kids!!

Didnt really think about the speed bumps in the x5, but now have to take them a little slower!!

It's bad enough when someone damages your car, but when they do it and don't have the courtesy to own up that's just not on. 
What detailer you going to use?
Yes, changed in November. M4's very nice too, obviously practically the same car.  If it had been the previous series (e.g. E92) I'd of definitely gone for the coupe, but in this shape I actually prefer the 4 door. I just like the stance and the more flared rear arches. Plus it helps with the 3 kids!!
Didnt really think about the speed bumps in the x5, but now have to take them a little slower!!

I will have to nip up and take a look, they do stand well, like you say the flared arches give it a great look.
There are a couple of detailers I'm considering. Roy round the corner from you used someone to sort his MG after he restored it and did an amazing job.
The 2 door/4door thing is the problem I have, that's why I fancy a 440i GC, best of both worlds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've been over to the detailer based just near the train station at Loughborough.  His work looks really good.  I was considering having the M3 machine polished and coated by him. I know theres a few people from MLOC that have used him and would recommend his work.

You're welcome to nip up, or I'll pop round to you at some point, so you can take a look and maybe go for a quick spin.

• 2 weeks later...

Another Lotus / M135i owner here! The little beemer really is a great all rounder and makes a superb daily driver, nicely compliments the Elise.

I'm on my second now (M140 this time) but sadly have also had bad luck with accident damage (on both!)

First one on the m135 in a car park (almost identical to the one above) and the latest on my new m140. Gutted :(

Just sods law isn't it after years of driving company cars without so much as scratch and as soon as I buy a new car with my own hard-earned everybody wants to drive into it!

M140 is with BMW at the moment being repaired. They've already done it once and I rejected it, not happy with the colour match and panel fit.
3218cbddb767a78699e7ea6c7d6c3b1b.jpg0665606b259cda17c7061d201ef103f6.jpg

Nathan

That is bad luck to get both bashed. The white one is almost identical to how mine was damaged.

I had even further bad luck while mine was in, I had a lovely little Fiesta courtesy car and was driving my daughter into Nottingham Uni for an exam and got T boned when turning into a side street. It totally stoved in the passenger door, wing and sill, right where Em was sitting. It has been deemed, unfortunately, that it was my fault. I turned between stationery traffic on Alfreton Road, unsighted and she came done the kerbside lane, I couldn't get out of the way and she couldn't stop!! That's buggered my  long standing no claims, 2 claims in just over a week:(

Ho hum, at least Emily didn't get hurt, but she was a bit upset, but she forgot her nerves about the accounting and finance exam:clap:.

Nathan

That is bad luck to get both bashed. The white one is almost identical to how mine was damaged.
I had even further bad luck while mine was in, I had a lovely little Fiesta courtesy car and was driving my daughter into Nottingham Uni for an exam and got T boned when turning into a side street. It totally stoved in the passenger door, wing and sill, right where Em was sitting. It has been deemed, unfortunately, that it was my fault. I turned between stationery traffic on Alfreton Road, unsighted and she came done the kerbside lane, I couldn't get out of the way and she couldn't stop!! That's buggered my  long standing no claims, 2 claims in just over a week

Ho hum, at least Emily didn't get hurt, but she was a bit upset, but she forgot her nerves about the accounting and finance exam:clap:.

Bad luck too it seems, glad to hear your daughter was ok though.

I keep telling myself I should count myself lucky I was ok in the m140 bump as it was a huge foreign articulated truck which hit me but it doesn't make me feel any better about it.. He was the one at fault as he was in the left lane marked exit only on a roundabout but decided to try and go all the way round the roundabout on the outside!

The insurer is struggling to recover the money from the foreign insurer too so I stand to lose my £500 excess even though the insurer has it as a non-fault claim on my part.

Bmw charged £5.5k for the repair to my car! They've now had it 6 weeks in total so if it's still not right when they send it back this second time I'm going to be furious. I ordered it to my perfect spec and bought it as a keeper but now just 6 months into ownership it's really lost it's shine. I'm particularly fussy about bodywork (as I suspect most enthusiasts are) so if I'm not 100% happy I'm not sure I'll be able to keep it. Fingers crossed they'll do a better job this time and it won't come to that..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived