litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

The Grand Tour...

Chris_edeson

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Begining sequence was very 'hollywood', car bit was good. Some of the stuff in the tent was cringeworthy to be honest. Dead celebrities? Really? RAF bit..........wacko.png

Hopefully it will get better.

Oh well, my 10 year old son liked it so I guess that justifies the Amazon Prime subscription rolleyes.gif

Loved it. Not revolutionary tv, just what they do. But they do it well. Big budget makes the visuals more impressive. If you don't like what they did on Top Gear, you won't like this, but I did...It's my inner child

Too long, too much pandering to, and far too many Americans....U-S-A. U-S-A. On the plus side there was some stunning cinematography , and one or two funny bits. Considering how long they've had to make it I also thought it was over scripted.  Needs to be edited down to 50 mins and thank God its not in the States next week.

Just for the record, I like Americans(most of them anyway), I also like Clarkson May and Hammond. I was very much looking forward to it. It wasn't the worst thing I've ever seen but when you look at the budget there is plenty of room for improvement.

Pretty cool, but something I don't understand, I think they and chris harris used the cars on same tyre set, now the time for 918 and la ferrari are similar between the 2 shows, exept for the p1, car was 2s faster in chris harris show ... 

I enjoyed it, the actual car segments were 100% up to scratch, but i really felt like the "studio" bits were a little too forced.  In the past Top Gear was clearly heavily scripted, which is fine, but this really forced it down your throats.  That "fight scene" with the audience was particularly cringeworthy :s   Looking forward to seeing how it develops, perhaps being in SA next week will be a nice change :)

Archived