litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Lotus In The Peak 2016 Poster Art

DeanB

All of the prints ordered for first class delivery were posted today. Sorry about the delay.

When your print arrives please immediately take it out of the tube and lay it flat if you can until you have it framed. Keeping it in the tube for a long period may damage it.

Any problems give me a shout.

Hope you like them and thanks for the order.

Dean

Ps we have a few left if anyone still wants one. Just order via the club shop and I can send it out immediately.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

So is the Sunday run including a convoy on Winnats? That'd make a hell of a photo taken from up on the hillside ?

Not sure on that David, although it's a stunning location it's an awkward road to get everyone down together. That and you have a long stint on one of the busy main roads to get to it.

So is the Sunday run including a convoy on Winnats? That'd make a hell of a photo taken from up on the hillside ?

We should be doing Winnats this year provided you choose the Ashbourne Run (there will be a choice of two when it goes in the shop, hopefully later this week)

Not sure on that David, although it's a stunning location it's an awkward road to get everyone down together. That and you have a long stint on one of the busy main roads to get to it.

Would you not be better heading up it and going via Millers Dale - Tideswell -Bradwell which is a fantastic run. Just a short nip through Hope/Castleton then.

If you really wanted to come down it you could go round the Edale loop from Castleton and drop in past Blue John. Its it's pretty narrow and I wouldn't recommend it with more than 4/5 cars. The run up mam tor from this side is mega if not a little bumpy :D

Would you not be better heading up it and going via Millers Dale - Tideswell -Bradwell which is a fantastic run. Just a short nip through Hope/Castleton then.

If you really wanted to come down it you could go round the Edale loop from Castleton and drop in past Blue John. Its it's pretty narrow and I wouldn't recommend it with more than 4/5 cars. The run up mam tor from this side is mega if not a little bumpy :D

Ooh don't get me started on run routes Luke! If you want to make some suggestions pm me your number and I'll call you. I will talk you through what I have planned (it includes Bradwell and Tideswell incidentally but in the opposite direction - remember when you saw us there?). I think it is pretty good but I don't suppose someone else wouldn't have any better ideas.

Ooh don't get me started on run routes Luke! If you want to make some suggestions pm me your number and I'll call you. I will talk you through what I have planned (it includes Bradwell and Tideswell incidentally but in the opposite direction - remember when you saw us there?). I think it is pretty good but I don't suppose someone else wouldn't have any better ideas.

Haha I know you pain having organised and led the vx220 peaks runs for a couple of years. Please don't think I was muscling in on anything route related just pointing out a fun route to winnats avoiding main roads.

Ah yeah I forgot that's where we passed - I feel it actually flows better running south the way you were travelling.

Some fantastic routes around but inevitably the best stuff is very rarely suited to big groups so probably best to stick to tried and tested for a big event such as this.

Will drop you my number though - always good to share some thoughts and routes... And then go test them :D

Haha I know you pain having organised and led the vx220 peaks runs for a couple of years. Please don't think I was muscling in on anything route related just pointing out a fun route to winnats avoiding main roads.

Ah yeah I forgot that's where we passed - I feel it actually flows better running south the way you were travelling.

Some fantastic routes around but inevitably the best stuff is very rarely suited to big groups so probably best to stick to tried and tested for a big event such as this.

Will drop you my number though - always good to share some thoughts and routes... And then go test them :D

Definitely good to share - especially with someone that knows how tricky it can be to design a good run route. I am planning on having a rehearsal run through on the 21st February if you fancy it? I will post up a 'breakfast' thread...

Definitely good to share - especially with someone that knows how tricky it can be to design a good run route. I am planning on having a rehearsal run through on the 21st February if you fancy it? I will post up a 'breakfast' thread...

Permission granted from the wifey! Will be there :)

Archived