28th - 30th June 2024

My Lotus Sounds Like A Tractor!

Thomas Harborne

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The suspense here is killing me!

What was the issue????

Haha its still with Gav. Haven't heard of him yet. But when i dropped it over, he said its not the worst he's heard. He said he had 1 k series that wouldnt shut up no matter what he did. So in the end he had to boar out the oil ways....allowing more oil to flow to the tappets. I'll give him a call tomorrow if i still havent heard from him.

Haha its still with Gav. Haven't heard of him yet. But when i dropped it over, he said its not the worst he's heard. He said he had 1 k series that wouldnt shut up no matter what he did. So in the end he had to boar out the oil ways....allowing more oil to flow to the tappets. I'll give him a call tomorrow if i still havent heard from him.

That was on a azure blue s1 with white spots on the doors and bonnet, he's a member on here.

Don't forget to tell us the out come!

Gav has called....news is i bought cheap tappets and one has collapsed on the inlet side. Lesson learnt then clearly, don't try and save money and dont do a job your not capable of doing! Feel like a t**t now.

He also said the car doesn't drive as it should, basically i have 2 bilstein shocks on the front and 2 Gaz adjustables on the back. I've only owned the car for 5 months and mever drove a Lotus before so i was never to know (will teplace all four at a later date)

Also i had a whining noise when coming off the accelerator about 73mph...like a ringing noise. He said a bolt had come lose on the alternator causing it to vibrate at certain frequencies.

So a new GOOD QUALITY set of tappets to go in and Alternator back securely.

Who wants to be the first to give me a clip round the earhole for being a tight arse?

Hahaha well done Gav,

Have to say though 10 points to Alex on this one.

Sorry Tommy your car was a topic at the meet a few weeks ago and Alex hit the nail on the head.

73mph???.... I thought all the funny noises etc started at 88..

Glad it's being resolved.

Archived