litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Litp (Chatsworth) Convoy To Matlock? Le/de/ng

P4N Lotus

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Given that we need to avoid Derby (I don't think we should take any chances, given how early we need to be at Matlock Bath), I think the most sensible thing here would be to use the M1, exit at J26 and meet somewhere along the A610 towards Ripley.

This way, those coming from Leics/Warks/B'ham can use the A42, and still join up with Kieran, Paul and others coming from around Long Eaton, Notts area etc.

Know anywhere on the A610 Paul?

If a few want to meet up at the Tesco in Ashby, I guess that's feasible then too, but I'm not sure my alarm clock goes off early enough to manage 2 pre-meets before the main meet at 7.20 !

3 Of us are leaving Melton Mowbray at about 6am heading to Kegworth then straight up the M1 to J26 and along A610 and up A6 into Matlock Bath. This I recon should be 1 hour 15/20mins, so we will either catch up en route or be caught up. Are there any roadwork or cameras between J24 and J26?

Times will have to be depending on Leicester guys set up, rather than pre meets on route it's just easier to be at points and await the passing train and tag on the back of it once you hear it coming , just need to ensure times don't lapse, last time north notts waited on a610 lorry parking area and as they heard us coming they nipped onto the back of the train befor ikea in the red circle.

As for cameras there are gantry cams between 25-26 on m1

Think need to get the Leicester guys happy with the route and we will accommodate them? DrH & Dave?

Pretty sure I'm heading up the M1 from here, quickest for me is to join the M1 at J22, but I'm happy to meet Leigh (Dr H), and anyone else, at the Tesco at Ashby and go from there, A42 I assume.

What do you reckon Leigh?

We could then join up with Paul & Co on the A610 (leaving the M1 at J26)..

In the 340R I keep off motorways as it's like being beaten up driving any distance on them.

But seeing as it has no MOT and the weather is looking pretty crap on Sunday Ill be in the S2 - with the roof on!

So motorway's OK with me. Happy to work out whatever is the best in terms of a meeting point. Would Donnington services be easier as that's just off the M1?

I'd go for Donington Services as well.  The run will be fun, so an easy (risk-free) drive there makes sense.

I can always do the Wirksworth Road on the way back.

Archived