litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Mini Rebuild...

Alex B

Alex try them without the helpers. If you set your ride height to where you want and the springs are not loose at full droop ( wheel jacked off the floor ). No need for helpers and it is a lot less faffing.

My rears springs are 550lbs and I do not need helper springs / it could be different with the S1 though ?

Cheers for the pointers Russ.

I've spent this afternoon playing with ride heights and In order to avoid loose springs at full droop I've had to use helpers front and back.

I will however be ordering some EP lowering brackets which will allow me to remove the helpers.

Ride height is now reset at

105rear

95front

caa624e4d2cf6d3221b902e19cc4aa3e.jpg

More pics in the day light.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Blood hell that's low ! Mine is 120 front 125 rear, any lower with an S2 and the front clam wont clear speed bumps :-(

Haven't tried speed bumps yet.

I believe mine are set at the same height as Jody's car.

I now have mine set to 106 front and 116 rear. Any lower and the wish bones go past the horizontal point.

It may also differ depending on where you measure from?

Will be redone in a week or so once they've settled some more and my new brackets have arrived.

Well the cars been mapped.

170.7bhp

141.8lb ft torque

Pleased with the result, however had loads of idling issues which have been just about sorted however it seems to kangaroo a lot on low throttle since.

That's a great result Alex, I bet that goes well.....

Cant help on the Kangaroo issue, Was it present during the mapping ?

Not that I know of its come from trying to sort the idling out. Will ring Troy at Northampton motorsport Up and see what he suggests.

When accelerating it going like shit of a shovel!

Good figures Alex, but what is the mid range like? How long did it take Troy?

I am sure he will not what to do to help the kangaroo effect you are getting.

I meant "know" what to do. (I phone)

Good figures Alex, but what is the mid range like? How long did it take Troy?

I am sure he will not what to do to help the kangaroo effect you are getting.

I meant "know" what to do. (I phone)

Very good torque curve and power is smooth all the way. Will post graphs shortly.

Good graph Alex.

So the only thing different on this engine compared to your old engine is the head has been ported?

Head porting, 218cc injectors (cream)

Great curves. There can't be many k series cars on plenums with more power can there?

Really good torque low down and max power not too high. I am envious!

Not sure on that Dean, there might be a few running nearer the 180bhp mark, I am however running fairly mild cams.

Also spoke to Troy regarding the kangarooing, he's told me what to try n if Im still not happy bring it down n he will sort it.

Archived