Mini Rebuild...

Alex B

a2611d392abb00d2ffdbf1781e68d1a2.jpg

Tonight's rebuild tasks;

1) learn how to stitch

2) fail miserably and cry a little

3)gain sympathy vote of my mum

4) get her to temp restitch the roof to last Donny trackday

5) using creep tactics tell her what a wonderful job she did and con her into doing a full restitch.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Right now doningtons thunder in the park event is out of the way it's time for phase two:

1.Mapping

2.Figuring out why the car has developed a misfire over night

3.body work

4.softer springs

5.new tyres

6.clean it

7. Enjoy it

(In no particular order)

Alex,

I have only just seen this thread, you have less luck than me!

As for your charcoal canister, if you are running an emerald I very much doubt it is mapped in. You have to set a user PWM channel to drive the canister purge and then you have to work out what duty cycle to programme into the user PWM to purge the canister. On my Emerald the channel setting is blank, so it never operates. This means the car does whiff of petrol on hot days.

If you do have the user PWM programned I would like a copy of the table, then I can try it in my exige.

Sorry if you know the following.

A PWM output is a pulse width modulated valve, think of it as a switch that is switched on and off fast. The longer it spends on, the more the valve is open.

It is used to programme when the engine sucks fumes from the canister into the inlet to be burnt. If it is done at idle, the idle speed may shift. If it is done under full load and low rpm it may run lean. Getting it tight is a bit of magic.

I am planning at programming my one in the Exige over the winter. If your table is filled in, it would be a great start.

Keith

Alex,

I have only just seen this thread, you have less luck than me!

As for your charcoal canister, if you are running an emerald I very much doubt it is mapped in. You have to set a user PWM channel to drive the canister purge and then you have to work out what duty cycle to programme into the user PWM to purge the canister. On my Emerald the channel setting is blank, so it never operates. This means the car does whiff of petrol on hot days.

If you do have the user PWM programned I would like a copy of the table, then I can try it in my exige.

Sorry if you know the following.

A PWM output is a pulse width modulated valve, think of it as a switch that is switched on and off fast. The longer it spends on, the more the valve is open.

It is used to programme when the engine sucks fumes from the canister into the inlet to be burnt. If it is done at idle, the idle speed may shift. If it is done under full load and low rpm it may run lean. Getting it tight is a bit of magic.

I am planning at programming my one in the Exige over the winter. If your table is filled in, it would be a great start.

Keith

Keith,

I have removed my charcoal canister, however I will check to see if the table is filled in, if so I Will screen shot the info for you.

Alex

• 2 weeks later...

Done a few little bits over the Christmas period.

Fitted s2 coils

Replaced faulty iacv

Swapped onto my road wheels.

Got it running just about right, booked it in for mapping on the 16th January.

Hopefully should make around 155bhp if not a little more due to porting and larger injectors.

Next things to be started are:

Spring swap and geo

Clam repair.

Where are you taking it for the mapping and what have you been quoted out of interest ?

Back to Northampton motorsport.

Think it's 90 an hour, was very impressed by the team there.

Decided it scrap off my stupidly hard springs off the other night.

Easy enough job to do.

Checked ride height before

Just need adjusting be slightly to bring it back to where it was.

Old spring rates

Rear 5" spring 700lbs w150lbs helpers

Front 4" spring 500lbs w150lbs helpers

This made for a fantastic drive in the dry, yet very sketchy in the wet.

cdbf6a1f2c244ead8ad4f2de62040793.jpg

6a3d6176019dd0ecb3f2f9dceb0eb06f.jpgf6d8a0717e8dab38b9361f42fb99a6ef.jpg43754db7bf7b3e6044dc9c14336dfb64.jpg

What were the details on the new springs, Manufacturer and lb rating

Just noticed I'd missed that off.

New springs:

Front (Faulkners)

425lbs

6"

Rears (nitron) (had these spare in the garage)

525lbs

7"

150lbs helpers

Alex try them without the helpers. If you set your ride height to where you want and the springs are not loose at full droop ( wheel jacked off the floor ). No need for helpers and it is a lot less faffing.

My rears springs are 550lbs and I do not need helper springs / it could be different with the S1 though ?

Archived