litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Trackday At Goodwood

Alex B

Did a track day at Goodwood just about a week n half ago.The Elise yet again performed perfectly, i think the only problem was my driving skill, or lack there of. With Goodwood being a very fast circuit it took a while to build my confidence up with breaking so late down the straights. But by the end of the day i had managed to just about to get it spot on, I even managed to get the car to its max speed of 120/125mph down Lavant straight.The Day was a private TD by invite only, and i have to say was possible one of the best days i've done so far. There was around 15/20 cars with 6/7 cars on circuit in roughly 15min sessions, managed to get in 190miles on the track.the car list for the day: Cobra porsche 997 Porsche GT3 997 turbo Lotus Exige S2 Honda Civic Clio cup rs200 430 scuderia M16 Scaglietti 612 1995 Renault Clio Cup Car. BMW M3 Schnitzer. Morgan plus 8 GT3RS 997 GT3RS Bentley Continental Aston Martin V12 Vantage Now for a few pictures of the cars that attended, (didn't get any on track was too busy driving)DSC_0076-1.jpgDSC_0075-1.jpgDSC_0072-1.jpgDSC_0071-1.jpgDSC_0069-1.jpgDSC_0067-1.jpgDSC_0065-1.jpgDSC_0064-1.jpgDSC_0063-1.jpgDSC_0061-1.jpgDSC_0060-1.jpgDSC_0095.jpgDSC_0096.jpgDSC_0098.jpg

DSC_0104.jpg

DSC_0108.jpg

DSC_0170.jpg

DSC_0202.jpg

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

'Tis a great circuit, so fast as well.

Luckily, I live less than 15 minutes away so pop up there with my little boy for a nose around. What day were you there as went up there for a track day week last Saturday. Presume yours was a week day?

I'll take the gt3rs and the cobra pls...and the exige of couse. Almost my dream garage

. The rest are nice cars and I'm sure all enjoyed the day, love the idea of suchan eclectic mix of machines on track at same time.

I assume it was expertly run and good manners were shown all day ?

Richbk

Wow, if carlserg did Trackdays.....

Your uncles doesn't look too shabby either.....good stuff....

Ps, your roof looks spot on...

cheers scatty.

yeah hoping he managed to get a new exige v6 cause i want first dibs on his :)

'Tis a great circuit, so fast as well.

Luckily, I live less than 15 minutes away so pop up there with my little boy for a nose around. What day were you there as went up there for a track day week last Saturday. Presume yours was a week day?

was a Friday,

I spend quite a lot of time on Hayling Island, i'm down there over bank holiday weekend keep your eyes peeled for my S2 :)

Will do Alex, I commute to Southampton (not always in the Elise) so will keep an eye out :-)

This is me... (also taken at Goodwood! tongue.png)

[...as is my avatar lol]

gallery_1516_756_43911.jpg

I'll take the gt3rs and the cobra pls...and the exige of couse. Almost my dream garage

. The rest are nice cars and I'm sure all enjoyed the day, love the idea of suchan eclectic mix of machines on track at same time.

I assume it was expertly run and good manners were shown all day ?

Richbk

GT3rs was managing a lap in around 1:28

Very good Manners all day, was fun chasing such powerful and expensive cars.

There where a couple of spins throughout the day, with no cosmetic damage being caused to cars or course.

K reg porkka mangled a gear box.

They guy with the 430 Scuderia M16 came very close to redesigning it on one of the tyre walls (stopped very close)

Will do Alex, I commute to Southampton (not always in the Elise) so will keep an eye out :-)

This is me... (also taken at Goodwood! tongue.png)

[...as is my avatar lol]

gallery_1516_756_43911.jpg

Looks stunning!

i've been thinking of having my wheels fully sprayed in black as the inners already are, this has made me definitely want to do it.

With the right coloured car, they look great. But I'm biased! :P

I actually saw my car before I bought it with silver alloys, the second time I went to look at it they'd been sprayed black and it looked so much better!Now I have a lowered ride height as well, it all helps make it stand out more and look well balanced.

Archived