litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Hethel Today!

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A few thoughts from me as well. Firstly a massive thanks to all the people who make MLOC what it is for no reward. Namely on this occasion Sonya and Howard for the stand. Also to Jon for organising the convoy. The less said about Lotus organisation the better. They got it right last year but so wrong this. If they had stuck to only Lotus cars allowed in Hethel and the rest at the showground it would have worked again.

Can someone send Anth a pic of the MLOC stand :(

Finally please do not bring Stella to any BBQ im at in future Ta :)

Mine also squeaks now for some reason. :) I will have a look at it later.

Count yourself lucky, mine now smells of gearbox oil!

Most of you will know the saga of the clutch story so far, well the latest twist was the replacement clutch that "surely can't be faulty like the first" has now found a new home in the gearbox. There is a hole the size of a 2p piece in the bell housing!

Mike

Brown Trouser moment........

coming back from Hethel, roof off doing 70 mph down the straight on the Shrewsbury by-pass (15 mile from home) the off side rear toe link let go, making the car snap side ways from one carrige way to another, got her straight (like a pro) and limped home.

boxers are in the wash :)

Steve, glad you made it back ok. I suspect the toe link has not let go altogether as you would not be limping anywhere. Let us know the damage when you find out. Ive also edited the post to show your correct speed at the time :(

Steve, I have my old ones in the garage if you need help ?

Greg / Ali - what happened ? We called and called but couldn't get through.

My weekend ended in disaster - spent the night either on the loo or kneeling in front of it. First day off sick in nearly 10 yearrs today. I guess it wasn't just lack off decent food after all ! I can't even keep a cup of tea down at the moment.

My weekend ended in disaster - spent the night either on the loo or kneeling in front of it. First day off sick in nearly 10 yearrs today. I guess it wasn't just lack off decent food after all ! I can't even keep a cup of tea down at the moment.

:( thats not nice - hope it wasn't those Freddo bars you were giving away on the stand, I had my fair share of those :blush::)

We had some doughnuts and they were awful.

By the sounds of the comments above, I'm glad I didn't go. 3 miles in 3 hours is not how I want to be driving my car! Besides, my clutch would have broke!

Mike

There was a group of four of us that resorted to pushing our cars, just for something to do. Two Exige guys in front were low on fuel so they needed to push for longer... :)

gallery_1516_142_178042.jpg

Steve, I have my old ones in the garage if you need help ?

Greg / Ali - what happened ? We called and called but couldn't get through.

We missed the first petrol station, so pulled in at the next one. We caught you up though after the single carriageway bit, and followed you for about 40 miles. Then i needed a bush stop :(

Glad to hear you got home in one piece Steve. It must have been quite a moment :)

As far as the show goes, there is little doubt that the MLOC stand was in a completely different league to all the other gazebo's.

A load of credit where its due to Sonya for her fantastic organisation and Howard for that humungous residence. It would have housed half of norfolks parsnip pickers :tup:

But Lotus do need to sort out the access if they want to organise anything like this in the future.

And also, i would like to see a few third party parts suppliers there. I know that Lotus would prefer us all to only buy official lotus merchandise, but they need to recognise that there are plenty of quality independent suppliers in the likes of eliseparts etc that also provide a niche in the market.

They dont really compete against lotus for custom, they just provide products which can complement what is already a great marque.

I am sure that a lot of people who attended the event would have liked to go home with some little bit or other to add to their much loved car.

Its no good Lotus Cars burying their heads in the sand and pretending that these suppliers do not exist. They would have been far better off allowing a few choosen suppliers to have stands and then charged them for the privilage.

But thats just my tuppence worth :blush:

Sounds like it all went well from an MLOC pov. Would like to see some pics.

Glad we didn't make the trip as I really can't cope with sitting in traffic at the moment. Sounds like typical Lotus organisation - Hethel can't cope with that amount of traffic.

thanks to all for the convoy down..i somehow managed to go from 3rd from the front at the M6 services to 3rd from last it seemed when arriving at hethel, which took ages to get in...everythings already been said really about that.

Agree about the lack of things there, also speaking to dobbo at the stand, Lotus missed a chance to showcase the europa (especially) and evora by giving passenger laps in those around the test track instead of the (very very quiet!) s2's.

I have a few pics which I will post in the gallery, but heres a couple

how-a-lotus-is-supposed-to-be-driven2.jpg

mlocstand.jpg

I agree with Scott, my fave bit was the convoy! Was brilliant, thanks Jon!

The toilets were nice at Hethel :) Portable toilets normally stink!

I didn't notice any crazy person hanging out of a window Dan, you should have honked your horn!

Archived