litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Hethel Today!

Hiya,

I think we've got all of them here, so if you can describe it more, we'll see what there is (sorry, there were a lot of photos - car colour, etc would help narrow it down).

If you pm Sonya or me your email address we'll sent it through.

Hi Folks, and thanks for all your comments.

I'm going to put the images we used in the stand on the gallery this week so everyone can see what we displayed and download their favourites.

Sonya

(I've just about come round since arriving home on Sunday night, so will post up properly soon)

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hi Janine, welcome to mloc :)

Hopefully see you at a meet when you come along to one when you move.

Yep absolutely!

Hi - good to see new folks at the weekend.

You can put the sticker in now, you know :D

lol, yeah but then I'll get beaten up by the Welsh :poke:

Will stick it on at the weekend when I get around to washing the car, don't suppose they're available in black are they?

Hi Janine,

welcome - once you've moved 'oop north' hopefully we'll see you a some point (we still owe you a couple of drinks! :) )

Andy & Cherri

Hi Andy & Cherri, look forward to catching up :unsure:

Bid on the trimshop voucher, but not enough!

I meant to bid on that but forgot :( Hoping to have my car retrimed soon as well so that would have been handy. Wonder how much it went for.

Sounds like it all went well from an MLOC pov. Would like to see some pics.

Hi all, here are some pictures of our stand last weekend from early on, before it got too busy;

From outside, with a queue at the door! Not bad for the gates just opening and the majority of visitors stuck in the queue....This picture shows our proudly displayed exhibit cars, complete with info sheets in the windscreen and MLOC plates on! There was a lot of interest in all three cars from a surprisingly wide spectrum of visitors (including the engineer who fitted davidcwhalley's orginal suspension during manufacture!)

post-386-1221674156.jpg

Inside looking at the Events display and showing the enormous canvas

post-386-1221674196.jpg

Inside looking at the Projects and Competition display, including Phil S's piece about the T-Series conversion

post-386-1221674260.jpg

Inside looking at the Arty shots display and showing our tables with flyers and freebies (alright, I own up to eating most of the sweets)

post-386-1221674274.jpg

By way of comparison, a picture taken at the same time of another part of the Owners clubs area...

post-386-1221674858.jpg

I got too busy chatting up new members and talking to visitors about MLOC to take any pictures of the stand when it got busy. Very proud of us for achieving this, thanks to everyone who helped out.

quote...

Dear Sonya

Re: Lotus 60th Anniversary

I wanted to drop you a line to say a big thank you for your clubs support at the Open Day.

All the cars on display for the clubs looked magnificent and your stand was by far the best.

Its a shame not all other stands came up to the same standard ;)

Despite the fact that we managed to totally balls up the parking, i think most people had a

great day once they managed to get in!!

I tried to see most people either on Saturday or Sunday and have a moan, but know i missed

quite a few - so to those i didn't get to moan at.. get those cars moved and i told you to get

it all sorted by 5:30pm :D

I hope your club members enjoyed the day.

Yours sincerely

I thought it needed amending slightly :D

Gutted i missed this one, but not the queues. Lotus got it so right last year, what went wrong??

i had a spirited drive with esprits last year right upto the entrance and turned straight in.

The stand looks brilliant guys, well done. I love the big airfield shot.

You get any goody bags off lotus this year?????

quote...Dear SonyaRe: Lotus 60th AnniversaryI wanted to drop you a line to say a big thank you for your clubs support at the Open Day.All the cars on display for the clubs looked magnificent and your stand was by far the best.Its a shame not all other stands came up to the same standard :P Despite the fact that we managed to totally balls up the parking, i think most people had a great day once they managed to get in!!I tried to see most people either on Saturday or Sunday and have a moan, but know i missedquite a few - so to those i didn't get to moan at.. get those cars moved and i told you to get it all sorted by 5:30pm :no2: I hope your club members enjoyed the day.Yours sincerelyI thought it needed amending slightly :lol:
Now then, now then......it wasn't Donna who moaned at me.....! But I see you general sentiment!

You'll be pleased to know that we actually made some money out of our Photoshoot and Hethel events. We have come out after all the spends, £37 richer! I'd have liked to see more donations, but I can't have everything and it wasn't the point of the exercise. However I am really pleased with what we achieved on so little and still have money to show for it. Well done to everyone who put their hand in their pocket.

Archived