litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Lotus in the Peaks 2023

Luke Seagrave

It is so nice to read that so many people had such a nice time at the event.

I love it.

This year was the first time I have contributed nothing to the organisation and/or running of the event since its inception. Although I felt a bit guilty it did mean I was able to really enjoy the run - following Dunc on the Calton Lees run that includes what must be the longest corner in the world (my co-pilot Kate said it had to be a full circle!), with no responsibilities, what was not to like? I also had time to look at the cars and chat to some of the owners - Matt Oxley talking all things s1 Esprit was a particular highlight.

Thank you again to everyone that stepped-up to make it happen. You really did make a lot of people very happy.

• Like 1

First one we've missed, and sounds like it was a great as usual.  Well done to all the organisers and volunteers.  Congrats on the fund raising.

Having been an Ashbourne Run Group Leader in the past and having a LitP polo shirt, I was wearing it yesterday (even though it made me sad !).

Keep the photos coming folks.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, DeanB said:

following Dunc on the Calton Lees run that includes what must be the longest corner in the world (my co-pilot Kate said it had to be a full circle!),

It's such a cool series of corners, the middle one feels endless, and even uphill for maximum confidence - not quite a full circle though 😄

image.png.b7905041a996a685b86a13dec83f7ae1.png

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Luke Seagrave said:

One of my favourite parts of Lotus in the Peaks is when we pass each other going in opposite directions. It always makes me smile like a cheshire cat. This was the first time that I have tried capturing a video of it, whilst ensuring I was driving legally. 

Already counting down to LitP 2024..

Nice video! Although I can’t see me waving 👋 

IMG_0112.png

• Like 1

Luke has inspired me to have a bash at editing some of my dashcam footage of the day!

Hopefully of interest to AS1 group and various Calton Lees groups going the other way.

Who can spot themselves??

Sorry in advance for my poor editing skills !

1) Ashbourne Steady group 1 getting  under way 🙂

2) Crossover with  ?the first  2 Calton Lees groups  ( you can tell we are in  a steady group... stuck behind a van :)

Edited by docdunc
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, docdunc said:

More crossover action with Hywel's  and Badger's Calton Lees groups:

And finally more steady group action,we were too slow to get  past a cyclist before some more Lotuses got in our way 😁😁

Great to see these.  It's one of the highlights of LitP to meet other groups coming towards you, some fairly briskly ;)

The group in the last video with the cyclist is the Calton Lees "irregulars" CR3, led by Ian and me as tail gunner 💛