litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

MLOC Old Timers Roll Call

mambosasa

On 26/04/2023 at 21:52, ethbk said:

holy molley - June 2005 for me when i bought my S2 elise- so nearly 18 yrs.

i remember

mambosasa

jon s

Malbon

Dobbo

steve j

scott o

jonathan e

dobbo

chris H

martin r

A few are still around, some left the lotus community but have remained freinds. The best and nicest lotus forum in the world i would confidently say :)

Richbk - Lol noticed i have posted on ethans account. he was 3 months old when i joined MLOC, now showing me a clean pair of heels in his S1 elise !!

that’s a point. Where is Martin?

1 hour ago, mambosasa said:

I remember the lovely couple with a red S1. Oh man. My memory. They came to all the runs. I think he was unwell at one point years back. Lovely couple. 

I think you mean Ali and Greg?  You're right Bis, a lovely couple. I'm not sure but I think they retired to Wales.

On 05/05/2023 at 23:12, DeanB said:

I think you mean Ali and Greg?  You're right Bis, a lovely couple. I'm not sure but I think they retired to Wales.

Ali and Greg indeed are retired near Snowdon.

Nice to see some of the old blasts from the past and so impressed that Mark is still running the show. I'm another one approaching the 20 year anniversary and was I think, one of the first half-dozen members. We used to have member numbers but my joining date was 1 June 2003. As Mark was testing the platform there was himself, Wuddie, me, SimonV, among the first.

Been Lotus-less for nearly 14 years but still lurk on here and SELOC to see what's happening. One or two will know that I was diagnosed with MS a couple of years ago, after a few years of being misdiagnosed. I'd always said I'd get another Lotus one day but these days I need a car big enough for a wheelchair 👎 though mostly walking with a stick and I can't see myself buying a Chinese electric SUV...

I remember so fondly the early days of rallying round getting participants for the legendary Midlands runs, the Le Mans trips (2005 especially), the migration to track days as a core bunch kind of grew up together as we outgrew road runs (getting a bit fast...). Last MLOC-er I've met was Steve J but that was probably 2019.

So that's a hello from me!

Graeme

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

• 1 month later...