Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Elise s2: 135 power mods

Al32

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, DeanB said:

The 135 cams drop straight in.  I'm not sure about the 270s but Piper would tell you I'm sure.

Pretty sure 270 & 633 will both need vernier pullies. If the OP needs a set give me a shout.

It’s been awhile since I fitted mine, there is some confusion indeed around the part numbers but LGC106970 comes to mind.

let me see if I have any notes.

I may know of a chap with a set he may sell! Let me ask him.

jody.

15 minutes ago, jody391 said:

It’s been awhile since I fitted mine, there is some confusion indeed around the part numbers but LGC106970 comes to mind.

let me see if I have any notes.

I may know of a chap with a set he may sell! Let me ask him.

jody.

I have a set of spare 135 cams, still fitted in an engine that was recently removed.

They made a massive difference on my S1.

Drop me a message if you’re interested.

the '300' designation is the right one

They should measure between 9.3 and 9.5mm of lift 

both cams have the same lift and duration unlike the 270s but that doesn equate to the same timing necessarily

You should fit veriers to make the most of it. I recommend turbosport hard anodised verniers.  it is possible to use specific dowels to adjust timing see DVA website 

However you can set your adjustable verners to get the engine response you like - a good starting point for these is 35/25 thou

ECU doesn't have a problem  running the lift and duration of the 135 cams and they run on standard springs and followers.  The duration isn't too wild so your idle will still be quite smooth.

Hope that helps

MrWill

Hi all,

Sorry for just replying now, but it's been a bit busy at work this week so I've only had a bit of time to get back to this thread today.

Thank you for all the replies, I do appreciate it! 

Dean, thanks for going out of your way and try to get some extra info on fb about these cams. Those are the cams I saw on ebay the other day with the 300 designation and made me ask about extra info on here, but I guess it must be right since both you and MrWill say its the 300 designation that I should go after.

AlexB - Noted, I might be interested in them, might send you a pm

MrWill - Thanks for the info - how much of a difference should I expect with adidng verniers? I've spoken to my mechanic colleague and he says that if verniers are added that he'll need the exact "settings" to put them in - anyone know where I can find those? 

Jody, whats the condition on the LGC 300 cams you know of? 

Marcus - sent you a pm.

Cheers everyone, can't wait to get these cams in my Elise!

5 hours ago, Al32 said:

Hi all,

Sorry for just replying now, but it's been a bit busy at work this week so I've only had a bit of time to get back to this thread today.

Thank you for all the replies, I do appreciate it! 

Dean, thanks for going out of your way and try to get some extra info on fb about these cams. Those are the cams I saw on ebay the other day with the 300 designation and made me ask about extra info on here, but I guess it must be right since both you and MrWill say its the 300 designation that I should go after.

AlexB - Noted, I might be interested in them, might send you a pm

MrWill - Thanks for the info - how much of a difference should I expect with adidng verniers? I've spoken to my mechanic colleague and he says that if verniers are added that he'll need the exact "settings" to put them in - anyone know where I can find those? 

Jody, whats the condition on the LGC 300 cams you know of? 

Marcus - sent you a pm.

Cheers everyone, can't wait to get these cams in my Elise!

You should find some basic vernier settings on Dave Andrew site, if not drop him an email.

I'm sure Mr Will is right when he says verniers will get the best out of the cams but I didn't fit verniers with mine and still saw a very big improvement. Jody and Marcus the same. And I doubt the MGTF 135 had vernier pulleys. As is often the case it comes down to money - verniers add a chunk of cash to a mod that is very attractive because it is so cheap.

1 hour ago, DeanB said:

I'm sure Mr Will is right when he says verniers will get the best out of the cams but I didn't fit verniers with mine and still saw a very big improvement. Jody and Marcus the same. And I doubt the MGTF 135 had vernier pulleys. As is often the case it comes down to money - verniers add a chunk of cash to a mod that is very attractive because it is so cheap.

Spot on. Let's go back to your original brief...you've already got a nice back box sound and want more power and freer revving engine at minimal cost before you move on...just drop the cams in and enjoy 👌

Archived