litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Get Thee Behind Me Satan

richbk

Thanks for the kind replies all, sorry i have been off campus last few days so not commented. got to love Black Friday weekend.!!

So Jon - have you been talking too my son - this is basically what he wants us to do, possibly long term involving one of dans hondas !!

I love the S1 more as times passes, but the prices make me weep that i didn't pick 1 up for £7k when i had the chance.

thanks for the Aston insight - interesting.

Eric - Don't think I'm the right side of 40 to do the hot hatch thing again, although they are a well sorted car for sure.

Dean - Im not that far the wrong side of 40 to do the classic thing yet, although Ethan wants an mg midget as his 1st car so maybe......

That S1 is stunning but i would not give it the proper use it deserves for sure.

Dave V6 boxter -oops, but you know what i meant , pre the 4 cyl debacle.

build quality wise it is simply stunning, although unfortunately a wooden box fell on my mates in the garage last week, dinting the back quarter panel and porsche want 3.2 k to repair and re-spray the panel.....ffs my whole exige only cost that much!!

The V6 exige is a fab car, but i can't get past, that from the inside i am still in my old car, where as the inside of the evora is a lovely place to be, but I'm not so keen on the looks ......

1st world problems ehh.

anyways - piston heads classifieds will keep my attention for now, as i settle the 2 cars off for there winter hibernation post service and MOT's next week.

although the sunshine is beckoning the honda this afternoon. smile.png

who knows i could always buy scatty's  once he's put his deposit down on that caterham :

Although it 'looks' the same mine seems to have slightly nicer materials and fit/finish over my S2 - maybe its just newness!

Scattys car would be a terrific buy, shame about the faulty shift lights though laugh.png

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

who knows i could always buy scatty's  once he's put his deposit down on that caterham :

Oh god... Rich, please do not email me or get in contact with me...

Honestly, it's all I think about.... Don't let me leave again...... :-)

Oh god... Rich, please do not email me or get in contact with me...

Honestly, it's all I think about.... Don't let me leave again...... :-)

your a serial car swapper so i would be disappointed if you didn't do it :)

you could always set up an eBay account for mrs scatty shoes and have both !!

im a little too cautious for my own good, so miss out on the appriciating classics.

Interesting comments on the Aston. Every time I drive past Stratstones in Derby I think they look magic.  They are about the only car that really appeals on looks alone, now I have a Caterham at BaT I toy with parting with my Exiges to finance one.  Sounds like it will be the same as my once lust for a TVR Chimera, 5 mile test drive and the lust was gone.

Thanks for the kind replies all, sorry i have been off campus last few days so not commented. got to love Black Friday weekend.!!

Eric - Don't think I'm the right side of 40 to do the hot hatch thing again, although they are a well sorted car for sure.

Ha - you're never too old to enjoy a stonkingly good hot hatch (at least that's what I keep telling myself laugh.gif).

Good luck with the search.

PS And just in case your numbers come up, I hear great things about the McLaren 570S and 570GT.  Personally, I'd have the GT in this spec......

GENERAL

• Model: 570S

• Body Style: GT

• Region: Europe

PAINT

• Paint: Elite - Vermillion Red

WHEELS & BRAKES

• Wheel Style: Super-Lightweight Forged

• Wheel Finish: Silver

• Brake Type: Iron

• Calipers: Red Calipers with Black Logo

• Tyre Type: Pirelli P ZERO

EXTERIOR

• Aero Blades: Carbon Fibre

• Diffuser: Carbon Fibre

• Door Mirror Casings: Body Colour

• Wheel Arches: Natural Finish

• Badge Set: Rocket Red

• Side Intakes: Carbon Fibre

• Door Insert: Body Colour

• Side Skirts: Carbon Fibre

• Exhaust Type: Standard Exhaust

• Exhaust Finish: Silver

• Front Splitter: MSO Defined Carbon Fibre

• Rear Bumper: MSO Defined Carbon Fibre

• Rear Wing: MSO Defined Carbon Fibre

INTERIOR

• Seat Style: Standard

• Seat Type: Power Sports Seat

• Interior Trim: Extended Leather

• Trim Colour: Carbon Black

• Headlining: Carbon Black Leather

• Door Insert: Carbon Black Leather

• Carpet: Carbon Black

• Steering Wheel: Carbon Black Leather

• Steering Wheel Stitch: Carbon Black

• Tunnel: Carbon Black Leather Tunnel

• Sill Finishers: No Sill Finisher

• Facia Stitch Inner: Carbon Black

• Interior Components: Black Sparkle

Metallic

• Seat Belts: Carbon Black

• Seat Backs: Standard

• Steering Column: Power Adjust

• Facia Stitch (Outer): Carbon Black

• Tunnel Stitch: Carbon Black

• Console Lid Stitch: Carbon Black

• Door Stitch Inner: Carbon Black

• Door Stitch Outer: Carbon Black

• Seat Stitching: Carbon Black

• Seat Stripe Stitch: NA

• GT Upgrade Pack

ENTERTAINMENT

• Audio System: Bowers & Wilkins Audio

System

SAFETY & SECURITY

• Protection: • Volumetric Alarm

Front and Rear Parking

Sensors

Rear View Camera

Include Parking Sensors

PRACTICAL

• Practical: • Car Cover

• Branded Floor Mat Set

• Nose Lift

• Owner's Manual: English (UK)

• System Language: English (UK)

gallery_1838_371_192964.jpg

Not that I've been researching it anything, honest guv!!!!!

Interesting comments on the Aston. Every time I drive past Stratstones in Derby I think they look magic.  They are about the only car that really appeals on looks alone, now I have a Caterham at BaT I toy with parting with my Exiges to finance one.  Sounds like it will be the same as my once lust for a TVR Chimera, 5 mile test drive and the lust was gone.

I test drove one (v8) before going for the v6, and a carrera 2s gen2, the aston was the worst, looks good, but that is the only good thing about it ...

I test drove one (v8) before going for the v6, and a carrera 2s gen2, the aston was the worst, looks good, but that is the only good thing about it ...

Gutted to read that. Maybe I will get an Evora when I can no longer scramble into an Exige S1. I broke my pelvis cycling years ago and the Exige can be a struggle. I know a Porsche is a great car but they are too common and everyone jumps to them as an option. My mate rates his Aston but prefers a top spec 911.

Yes, exactly why I was not really much into the porsche they are everywhere, truly they are great, but still not as involving as the Exige, no comparison there ... I actually only went to drive the vantage, and was very disappointed, very linear, not much sound inside the cabin, and let's face it, on the road they are just jelly ... But important to precise, I only tested a V8, I am know the v8s, and specially v12 are way way better. But you come from a Lotus, the Aston is a big jump. The 997 c2s had all the sport options also .. 

I'm in the same boat Rich,

Been round and round the pH classifieds so many times.

Closest I got was a noble then scared myself with running costs. Having been full circle. There's nothing that ticks the box's like a lotus, Just not sure on which.

If a nice evora s came up I'd have that but then again if a nice s1 exige came up I'd jump on that too....

Ps... Lukes right, Scattys car has a serious problem. The cold cut lower rpm limiter is on permanently. So far it's flummoxed everyone

What's wrong with scatteys car?

There are two known issues that can make the lower limit stick (I had both in my old exige). Low oil level can cause it to stay on lower cam and a broken/sticking thermostat (stuck open) can cause the engine to cool back down (or prevent getting up to full temp) when you get up to A road /motorway speeds which again stops higher cam.

There are two known issues that can make the lower limit stick (I had both in my old exige). Low oil level can cause it to stay on lower cam and a broken/sticking thermostat (stuck open) can cause the engine to cool back down (or prevent getting up to full temp) when you get up to A road /motorway speeds which again stops higher cam.

Its more operator Error we think Chris....

They are taking the piss Chris... It's perfectly fine. They are implying I don't put my foot down to see the shift lights appear....

They think my hearts made of wood you know... Ha ha ha :-)

Typical BMW drivers response :harhar:

Jeff, he thinks he's a quick driver. Never got home quick enough to catch me there...draw your own conclusions... ;-)

They are taking the piss Chris... It's perfectly fine. They are implying I don't put my foot down to see the shift lights appear....

They think my hearts made of wood you know... Ha ha ha :-)

Jeff, he thinks he's a quick driver. Never got home quick enough to catch me there...draw your own conclusions... ;-)

Conclusion drawn!

1 Pump, 2 squirts and your on your way home :D

I was on about his footrest issue anyway!

Archived