litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Nlc - Lister Bell Stratos Build Thread

Dr H

• Replies 668
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Zowie! (sorry I never really left Scooby Doo behind).   Chatsworth must be the target Leigh.....we'll forgive you providing you paint it Lotus Racing Green & Yellow laugh.png

I know you'll want the 340R to go to a good home.   As you need to make space, and I'm just down the road (and equally meticulous!) I'll happily keep it regularly exercised for you....

There is no way on earth it would be ready for Chatsworth!

So it looks like I'm going to have the chassis. I need to decide what colour. They usually paint the chassis in the same colour as the body of the car. However I have no idea what colour I want. Green? White? Orange? Blue? God knows.....

I might go with black and then it doesn't matter what colour I have the body. What say MLOC?

Hmmmm....think I might have to go black.

I might do the car green but not decided what green if I do. Most customers seems to use a RAL colour and they match the powder coat on the chassis and gel coat on the bodies. I won;t be going for coloured polished gel coat, I'll be having it sprayed properly.

White might look a bit too bling!

Ordered, in satin black. Will have it with the electrical, cooling and braking pack at the end of Jan.

Also had an offer to do something very interesting with the engine re TBs. Only a plan at the moment but could be really interesting and something I've not seen before on the Alfa engine.

Archived