Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Nlc - Lister Bell Stratos Build Thread

Dr H

• Replies 668
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It is starting to get real now as LB as asking for lots of cash laugh.png

Floor used to be black plastic interlocking tiles. They were OK but couldn't really handle to OH's car coming n an out every day. They started to shift and they also expanded like made in the hot weather causing lifting etc.

Got it tiled in the end - should have done it from the start. I've told the OH she should clean up the mess as it's caused by her car. You can imagine what response I got.......

This is VERY exciting now! More, more, more, more.....

Alex, no, because I bought them before he'd finished his place. When I told him he said I should have waited as he had a full pallet of them left over!

Does he still have them?!?

This is VERY exciting now! More, more, more, more.....

Does he still have them?!?

Off to the powder coaters in Nottingham tomorrow morning. They have the chassis and I need to choose a colour. Craig at LB (and Dan Webster as well as it happens) say black is not a great colour as you don't get enough definition and contrast against the engine. He's suggedted an anthracite colour which they have decided to offer as an option.

Dunno about the tiles Kurt. I'm gaking the S2 over on Tues next week so will ask if you like.

I need to choose a colour. Craig at LB (and Dan Webster as well as it happens) say black is not a great colour 

I actually said do it ANY colour BUT black laugh.png

Very much looking forward to seeing it whatever colour it is mind you!

• 1 month later...

No - but it starts in earnest tomorrow!

Space cleared in garage and build trolley assembled - check

24610659473_b9a8610c76_z.jpg

£14k paid for first 'build packs' wacko.png - check

Set of ratchet straps bought - check

Rental Luton van sat outside ready for the morning - check

Should all be back home sometime tomorrow afternoon.

Archived