litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

New East Midlands Lotus Franchise Coming Soon

EuropaSman

In fairness Stratstone Leicester wasn't great, and JCT Leeds is barely in the most exclusive of areas ;)

I think we have to face facts, a Lotus franchised dealership is never going to be as posh as a Ferrari or Porsche one.

One thing I will say is if they open the access way from the racecourse way into the back of the plot, where there's already a gate (so you don't have to go through Little Tennis street), I'd argue it's actually nicer than being next to a Screwfix trade counter like BMW ;)

Personally it's 150 miles less per service. So it would be a complete no-brainer for me to use them, even if they were in the centre of St Anns.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Simon Mac is spot on. There are already 3 new showroom cars waiting under covers. The premises are being altered as an interim measure to get the Dealership going, (Still will be immpresive) The final plan is

very special!!

There will be Car Sales, Service and Race Car Prep available.

Shouldnt be too much longer.

Hi Gaz, Welcome to MLOC....  Whats your link to Lotus then, ref your post above ?

Also, I see you are based in Telford same as me clap.gif

sad.png

I think Simon meant location? (which I thought was ok, better than Little Tennis St area!)

You going to get your CV into Central then? smile.png

sad.png

Stratstone dealership itself was great!   I never had a problem with them, buying and servicing, they were always very professional. (And I'd have bought and serviced my car there again in a heartbeat) cheers.gif

As Zyp quite rightly pointed out, I merely meant location wise. I think we have to be realistic. It's a low volume car, and the showrooms aren't going to be in the swankiest parts of town. Often tucked away in an industrial estate, rather than prominently placed on a big main junction on a trunk road like an Audi garage.

Both Leeds and Leicester when following Sat Nav take you through areas that might very well be on a certain reality TV show.  So apart from the more industrial nature of the units on Little Tennis street I don't actually think it's too bad, given how you actually get to the place.

There's a load of redevelopment going on round that whole area, and with the likes of Harley Davidson, and the flattening of most of the red brick units making way for retail parks, I actually think the whole area will improve in a few years.

Yeah, but have you seen the unit next door-ish?

Mess of Barried up chav mobiles and strewn with old tyres...

That aside, I much prefer to have Lotus dealer tucked away a bit - seem to make us a tad more exclusive than the usual VAG dealers in prominent place, where everyone and their dog go on a bored Sunday after noon just to finger the cars...

Andy - hope so mate....I'll be ready for another in 2 years time ;)

Hi to all that are interested.

The unit has the address of Little Tennis Street, but the Frontage and access to the Dealership will be off Waterside Way.

The delay has been with planning and building. As soon as this is sorted the final plans will be published (very special). In the meantime the temporary layout (still very nice)  is being finished.

All being well, i'm told it should be close to opening by next month.

There is also new website on its way.

Hi Gaz, Welcome to MLOC....  Whats your link to Lotus then, ref your post above ?

Also, I see you are based in Telford same as me clap.gif

Thanks for the welcome, my link with Lotus is a new one (12 months). 

I prepare, look after and race cars with Kevin Riley (owner) the latest being the Lotus Evora GT2 car in the picture (ex Le Mans car).

So have watched this Lotus project grow over the last year.

The unit has the address of Little Tennis Street, but the Frontage and access to the Dealership will be off Waterside Way.

The delay has been with planning and building. As soon as this is sorted the final plans will be published (very special). In the meantime the temporary layout (still very nice)  is being finished.

I prepare, look after and race cars with Kevin Riley (owner) the latest being the Lotus Evora GT2 car in the picture (ex Le Mans car).

Sounds good Gaz.

I definitely think the Waterside way access is a great idea, and will really make a huge difference in the first impression to anyone visiting.

BTW, Belated welcome to the forum, and I hope you continue to pop in from time to time, I'm sure many of us would love to hear of Kevin and your adventures on track  ;):D

Look forward to seeing it finished, and look forward to the opening evening invite to include erotic dancing girls, poles (the metal variety, not the europeans), sausages on sticks and egg sarnies.

Ding dong.  :0

• 2 weeks later...

Archived