Midlands Lotus Owners Club (MLOC)

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

J M Stott

Lotus Elise 111S Wheels

18 posts in this topic

Hello all,

I am new to both this forum and Lotus ownership (well i will be on Saturday when i pick her up cool.gif ) Hopefully it will be a great experience!

The car i have bought has black 111s wheels (carbon black i think he said) which look alright but my personal preference has always been silver wheels, my question is i have seen many people say the 111s wheels should be 'Smoked Chrome' has anybody got a picture of the smoked chrome wheels and a picture of just standard alloy wheel colour as i want to get them sprayed up before i pick the car up next saturday.

Thnaks in advance and soon as i pick her up i'll post some pics!

James

Its hard to tell but if you look at the pictures in my garage I have the stock colour wheels on my car, they haven't been painted in the cars lifetime.

0520111s3.jpg

That is a STUNNING lotus mate, wheels definately do it justice in the silver dont they, they look like a normal silver to me (although could be my poor quality phone haha) if they are a normal silver then i have made my decision because they look great there cheers!

James

Try not to get plain silver as they can appear bright and a little cheap in my opinion. They are chrome, if you google 'Elise 111S wheels' there's more pictures that show the colour better, this one shows them better also...

lotus_elise_s2_111s_4dd5a2694a869.jpg

I have the originals (2003 111s) and they are not simply smoked chrome. The spokes and centre are smoked chrome but the inner rim fades to black.

They look great but I think they stopped doing them this way because of matching problems.

The wheels on one side are slightly darker than the other. Only noticeable if I take them off side by side.

To re paint this way would quite expensive I guess. Much easier to do a solid colour all over.

Here what I had on my Blue 111s which Allon White bought of me a couple of years ago.

Black Chrome .

post-99-0-81408300-1390463767_thumb.jpg

I have the originals (2003 111s) and they are not simply smoked chrome. The spokes and centre are smoked chrome but the inner rim fades to black.

They look great but I think they stopped doing them this way because of matching problems.

The wheels on one side are slightly darker than the other. Only noticeable if I take them off side by side.

To re paint this way would quite expensive I guess. Much easier to do a solid colour all over.

Mr 06 reg 111r has smoked chrome fronts with black inner wheel.

My previous 120bhp k series was same as well.

Yeah, cheers, pretty damn close, better picture of them here, My 111s next to my dads 360. Maybe one day he'll get confused and take mine and ill get his but i think i may just be dreaming there lol

post-5202-0-03642000-1391777104_thumb.jpg

makes your number plate look massive, I'd get a 3/4 size one for the front (or one with less digits!!)

• Similar Content

• By M@r]{
      Mak XLR light weight wheels in Toyota fitment. Perfect fit for an S2 Exige, may fit Elise?  Shod with Advan A048's with legal tread. Easily enough tread for another track day or two. Wheels are in immaculate condition, no kerbing at all.
      Would make a great upgrade from the OEM y spokes or to have as a second set of wheels with winter or all season tyres on.  
      Two of them have lost the lotus badge off the centre caps.  Caps are still present, just needs a couple of those gel coat stickers from eBay. 
      Ive also got some more semi slick tyres that can be included for the right price.  I have 4 tears and 2 fronts. All have at least 3mm of tread.
      Collection from NN14 (30secs off the A14 in Northamptonshire). Can also arrange Collection from Northampton or Leicester. 
    • By Darren888
      Hi All,
      New to the Lotus scene and just purchased a purple S2 elise, yes a purple aubergine elise that many on forums seem to hate! But each to their own and i love the colour.

I have a few rather boring questions i'm hoping someone could point me in the right direction?

1) Interior Trim - Just noticed part of the interior trim has a tear, is there a store that is generally not over priced that people use for parts? (its the panel that houses the speaker and light switches on the driver side)

2) Window Trim - The black exterior window seal appears to have had its day and has formed a bubbling effect, where best to purchase such a replacement item?...any pointers?

3) Tyres - Currently sitting on AD07 all round and i'm having to replace both sets of rears, a tad confused many here swear by AD08 but i won't be running it on a track nor do i want to be caught out in the rain. Its not my daily car but nor do I want to be rushing home as soon a dark cloud appears, I also don't wish to be replacing tyres every year and some say it doesn't wear well. Is AD07 a discontinued item and replaced by AD08's?

Would I be mad to consider putting on Goodyear Eagle F1 tyres on the rear?

Thanks.
    • By Central Lotus
      Lotus Elise carbon fibre engine cover, the logo is optional, can be customised. Price: £299 Call to purchase. 

The first of our carbon fibre range, this will include; Engine covers(elise and exige), wing mirrors, door inserts and more to come.

For more information please call: 01159 123 400 or email: connor@centrallotus.com

• By aran
      Hi

I recently popped down to the Central Lotus open day to see if I could if in an Elise and unfortunately I found I was too tall (6ft 4).

My legs were rubbing against the steering wheel so I could not operate the pedals or the wheel properly. I was wondering if there are any other tall drivers who have made some modifications to be able to fit and drive an elise?

I was hoping to find someone who has lowered the driver seat and perhaps extended the steering wheel so that there is more room.

Sorry if this has been discussed before but I could not find anything on the search feature.

Many thanks