litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

2Bular issues

IowanF1999

Good evening everyone, 

This post is a bit more doom and gloom than my usual material but I need some advice on how to proceed with an exhaust I ordered from 2Bular (Jim) some months back.

I spoke to Jim before placing the order and had a lovely chat. I placed the order the following week (circa 20th July) with a rough date to aim for - the WC 14th of August. I spoke to Jim the following week for an update; again had a lovely chat and a welcome update on progress. I had a text the following Monday (August 29th) saying an order from "TUBULAR TECHNIK LTD" was due to be delivered etc. However, I never received anything and sent an email to Jim to ask what was going on.

I heard nothing back so tried to phone him but wasn't able to get through. Not to worry - people live busy lives and can't man the phone 24/7. But we are mid-October and I still have no exhaust and cannot get ahold of Jim. Just get "the number is unavailable" and no opportunity to leave a voice mail! Makes me think my number might be blocked but there's every chance I'm overthinking. I have yet to try someone else's phone to confirm suspicions... 

Has anyone else had this experience, and what should I do going forward? I have paid already as I ordered through his website. 

Any suggestions are welcome, 

Cheers, Iowan

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I’ve never had an issue with him but others have had complete nightmares. 

Don’t expect big company customer service because being a one man band he’s doing everything. 

I’d probably call him on the wife’s phone if I got the impression it’s been blocked. But you could try WhatsApp he does respond on there. 

Hi Matt, 

I really appreciate the rapid response! I have seen the mixed experiences on various forums but thought it'd be great to support Jim instead of a large company.

I would try and call his wife's phone but I don't know where you would find his wife's number?! 

Never thought to use WhatsApp... 🤦‍♀️ Shall give it a bash and update

Cheers

We had a complete nightmare, many false promises, failed delivery’s etc for months, all after being told the headers were on the shelf and the back box was being made this week, at time of order, finally got a refund when his wife answered the phone 9 months after the agreed delivery date…

‘now have a full custom made system ceramic coated inside and out with HJS cat from Simpson race exhausts, they took a week to design,and a week make and coat the system, no issues at any track we have been at including BH GP which is quite tight on noise

not sure why there is such a fascination with 2bular systems, quality is ok , not a patch on the Simpson, ( had a sports cat and back box on when I got car so know from first had experience before anyone asks, both still on a shelf in garage science replacing) we replaced as wanted headers and we were tripping noise at most tracks.

type116 have done good options as well, Jim is not the only system available 

keep pursuing contact and make your own decisions as to weather you want to continue the delivery letter or get a refund, as said prior some don’t have issues, but when you do…

don’t understand why people just can’t be honest , if it’s going to take 9 months then say..

Good evening everyone, 

An update. THE EXHAUST ARRIVED TODAY! However... not all plain sailing as the tip is wrong despite me ordering the correct one... Yet more waiting before the Cup can sound how it looks.

The tip sent was the oval tip for the standard Elise S whereas the Cup is the circular tip. 

@gavcolton It's great to hear the investment is worth it. YouTube videos are so sparse it's challenging to ascertain if it's a good sounding system!

Cheers, Iowan