Midlands Lotus Owners Club (MLOC)

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jody391

Suspension Refresh And Garage Space

39 posts in this topic

I am going to be refurbing my suspension, paint strip etc etc in the new year hopefully before chatsworth!

I have the car in a garage but am un able to get around it properly so I may do it outside.

So I was just wondering where others have completed the same job, any pics?

Jody

Lightweight, its easy tongue.png Here is the size of mine.

P1010060-2.jpg

Keep it right over, do one side. Move it over and do the other side. Then remove the engine afterwards :)

Wow Martin I think I have slightly more room than you! I'll shut up and get on with it!! Lol

Did you get the wishbones painted etc? Did you make a wheel dolly?

A wheel dolly? I have a tea dolly ( Liz ) I cleaned them and then coated them with POR 15 a few times. They will never rust again smile.png

Ha ha does Liz read this forum?!?! :)

If I get the wishbones re painted etc I'd like to do it all in one go so thought of using a wheel dolly to get it up onto so I can move it around.

Now that you mention it my wishbones are pretty good still.. Could be worth just a clean and paint hmmmm.

image.jpg

Did you make a wheel dolly?

Use a couple of trolley Jacks smile.png

You have about the same room as i do.

I am also looking at the suspension refresh soon.

Let you practice on yours first cool.gif

Hi Jody got mine blasted and zinc coted for £30 then coated with a couple of coats of por 15

Where did you go for this?

I can't remember I will have to have a look, It was a place over in Dudley. I called a larger company and they said this place did their smaller batches

Cash deal so no reciept

I got mine done in a local business who coat building steel structures. They did the coating they use for building located nearby the sea.

£50 for shot blast and coating :)

I did mine in my garage, Jody. Although I had the clams off and I didn't have any shelves in the way. ;)