litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Finally Some Half Decent Pictures Of The Spoiler-Less Exige...

M@r]{

I'll definitely put it back on for track - I will actually look forward to putting it back on again, just for a change, and will no doubt leave it on for a few weeks afterwards :) Its ideal really that I like it with and without, and its so easy to remove and refit :)

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I prefer it with but dont mind it without.

The Exige needs the spoiler for downforce, so be carefull, with the front splitter it will make the rear even lighter. Perhaps you need to develop an auto rear spoiler that raises at 62mph?

Oh... and you have an Exige, so I hate you :);) ;)

I think that might be why the look appeals to me? It's more up to date? Where budget allows it seems that new cars that need the down force of a rear spoiler have a retractable one, so the modern look if you like is no spoiler :)

Not to get all argumentative but does the OEM S2 aero actually do anything..... there is a possibility the splitter probably does something but the wing does nothing but maybe add drag (as has just been posted on exiges.com and is often the source of ridicule). I wouldn't think just having a splitter would in anyway cause an upset in the cars overall aero balance so removing the wing would really only benefit straight line performance. Of course for any of this to work the car needs to be really low.

I could ridicule my own car as it probably does have its own issues but I changed the splitter and wing fairly soon into ownership for partial chassis mounted larger replacements based on the Junks/Reverie Exige. Now though everything will be bolted to the chassis (except the cannards) but I could still do with getting it lower but then that opens up a whole new can of worms but being so aggressive it should and probably will make a difference.

Anyway the point being imo it'll be fine on track but maybe worth doing a few sessions in an afternoon (when you are proper bedded in) on a track you know very well with and without the wing and see if there is a different. V-box would be good but I'd be interested to hear your opinion anyway Mark. I don't like the original OEM wing and I often see the MK2 wobbling up and down on the move but an Exige does look way cooler with a big fat fixed wing I reckon and it probably does something other than flex.

Archived