litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Track Day

IAN G

Family is more important than driving in circles Chris!!!

Russ, I'm up at my folks sat night so il make my way through Worksop that way and meet you there. Prob arrive 8.15 ish, depending if I remember the way. I'm guessing you proper trackday warriors will have a torque wrench to check my nuts...

If anyone is heading that way let me know and I can meet you en route. There's a shell garage in Worksop which is handy.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is it possible to turn up and pay on the day ?

They are showing 8 places left so presuming they don't sell them all before Sunday you should be OK. I know people have turned up just for the pm session on previous days although this can cause a problem with sighting laps if you have no experience of the circuit.

So how many of us are going on Sunday then?

I am, but will not be tracking - Mrs B can't stand the thought of another £1200 repair bill. She doesn't trust me! Goodness knows why!

I shall be taking my skid lid and will try and scrounge a few passenger rides.

you can give me a free lesson dean, altho if we begin just after that chicane, it would make me happier.....compress.gif

take your license just in case.......i know what you are like.......what goes on at blyton, stays at blyton, in case mrs b is online....sleep.png

you can give me a free lesson dean, altho if we begin just after that chicane, it would make me happier.....compress.gif

take your license just in case.......i know what you are like.......what goes on at blyton, stays at blyton, in case mrs b is online....sleep.png

LOL! Wise words mate!

Hi guys, presuming the weather is good, I'll see you over at Blyton on Sunday as it isn't that far from me. No track for me as I'm picking up a new car tomorrow (replacement for the stealth Honda not Elsie) so money is a bit tight this month. (That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it for now!)

Hi guys, presuming the weather is good, I'll see you over at Blyton on Sunday as it isn't that far from me. No track for me as I'm picking up a new car tomorrow (replacement for the stealth Honda not Elsie) so money is a bit tight this month. (That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it for now!)

I might see you there on the way back down from Malton.

Ian It is usually at the wharf car park, in the centre of town right by the river, next to the big barge with a bar on it and pizza express. It is also near the ruined castle.

If you don't know Newark don't worry, as you come up the A46 turn right at the roundabout signed, I think, town centre. You will drive past the cattle market on your left, and then go over the level crogging and past Newark Castle station, over a mini r/about, over the big bridge and turn immediately left on to the car park and experience the little shiver of excitement when you see a gaggle of Lotuses.

Don't take the first turning for Newark you see, as that takes you in to town from the south and is more complicated.

Come along, it will be fun - even the run up there on quiet roads is usually good.

Archived