litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

The New Distinctive, Mid-engined, 2+2 Sportscar From Lotus

Mark H

I think I like it. Not as exciting as the big build up made me hope but imagine it will look a lot more impressive in the flesh. Makes me even more curious to see some pictures from the Motor Show now and to hear what people think when they have seen it.

Agree that the pictures with a splash of colour make it look more tempting, you should get in touch with Lotus' marketing department and sort them out!

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Having looked through AutoCAR. I'm disappointed at the moment. The exterior views look far too safe, and far too much like the M250.

Still I am still very keen to see it in the flesh next wednesday, where, hopefully, we will all be pleasantly surprised.

The thing about cars like this is that it is better to appeal 100% to 5% of the population than 90% to 90% of the population. You aren't planning to sell many (compared to the big boys), so really, really appealing to just a few people is the way to go. Sports cars are emotional purchases, as Mike Kimberly said. I don't think my pulse is racing yet, but I can imagine it might when I see it in the flesh. I think the inside does look cool, though. Not seen any pics of the back seats, yet. Maybe that's where it will all fall down. So far, for me, I'm thinking I'd like one.

So that's my ha'porth...

As a Lotus die hard owner I have knocked Lotus for a lot of things (Mainly on the Europa) publicly on forums in the hope that they would would listen to there target customers and get things right. (Almost every thing I have said on the Europa has now been change to suggestion I and many other have raise. It is a shame that it took them so long )

But I have to say that I think that the Eagle looks great and as long as it is priced right I think that they will be on to a winner. My only comment when everything else is positive is I didn't think it needed the Cortina style door handles and it would have looked better if they was hidden given the target price bracket of the car.

Everyone has banged on about still wanting the M250 and Lotus has given us an up to date version with an engine that has more power and guts to target the GT market place.

Well Done and a Stunning Job IMHO

Best of luck with it and it gives me hope for the future Esprit

Top Job

Just popped into asda and had a peek into the Autocar mag, with better res images you can clearly see the words "GLE" on the dash. Also some more info from the technical side too, looks much better in the print than the photo's :clap:

Just popped into asda and had a peek into the Autocar mag, with better res images you can clearly see the words "GLE" on the dash. Also some more info from the technical side too, looks much better in the print than the photo's :D

Dont be fooled by the "GLE" - If they spent £3.5k each time they covered up the car before taking it out on the streets, they would pay a few quid for a few letters to stick on the dash :clap:

Also - doesn't anyone wonder where the other two seats are and why they haven't shown them??

Also - doesn't anyone wonder where the other two seats are and why they haven't shown them??

I do !!! It is a lovely looking car. But does it have 4 seats and room as promised ?

post-687-1216250955.jpg

I know things were said about the Europas ride height looking too high - but this, to me, looks the perfect proportion.

:clap:

All those pics of the real car rather than the computer renderings are taken on that turntable widget that they have at Hethel - I saw it at the open day last year. So it's a real car, and Autocar have seen it. Has anyone driven it yet, then? (OK - so it's not launched yet, but you have to ask...)

Archived