litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

The New Distinctive, Mid-engined, 2+2 Sportscar From Lotus

Mark H

It looks ok to us :)

Lets hope it a little bigger than the elise/exige though if it wants to compete in the euro touring type market.

Its a pity they havent released any piccies of the interior.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^^^ I was just about to say to opposite :)

Adding a bit of colour makes all the different - I've got to admit that my first thought was: they've fitted pram wheels to a tesla.

Not too sure, but I'll wait 'til I see it in the flesh.

Dynamically, I'm sure it will be the business, but aesthetically it just seems a bit too "safe" to me.

I know tastes differ - but looking at the pics I just just don't get that "tingle" that I normally assosiate with a sports car.

Hard to explain - just not "sexy" enough maybe? Dare I say bland?

Can't see young boys hanging posters of it on their bedroom walls.

Hope they get it right with the Esprit!

Dunc

Looks a little bland to me, something wrong with the sides to slab sided needs an air scoop.

Also 280 BHP from a 3.5 V6 does not sound good to me. Well lets wait to see it in the flesh and I wonder what the price will be. If they pitch it against a 997/998 price wise then they are playing a dangerous game.

Are you sure it's the new Eagle, looks like another S2 Elise special edition to me.

I hope the interior is bloody amazing as the exterior is dull. Some of those colours do make a difference (especially the orange), but come on, this was supposed to be a radically new car.

What's the betting that the Esprit will now look like an even larger S2 clone :)

Sorry Lotus, but IMHO this will not save the company. Better get that Esprit finished quick as I think this one will struggle to sell.

Well I hope lots of people buy them, as clearly more like it than don't.

Unfortunately it does absolutely nothing for me, even the interior doesn't redeem it in my eyes.

I could forgive it if it was the stop gap Europa cobbled together from leftover Elise bits, but to spend all that time and money to present a lightly modified Elise style. It's not going to make the Porsche, BMW, Merc and Audi owners think they bought the wrong cars.

Come on Lotus, design something new, exciting, different. What I want is a Lotus 2+2 that looks as good as an Alfa C8, but is as light and nimble as a Lotus should be, and costs ~£40k

PLEASE :)

Guest father4justice

I really hope it looks better in the flesh - not that it's bad but I agree with others that it could have (and should have) been more edgy.

It definitely looks better with a splash of colour though.

And releasing the first pictures in grey says it all about the market they are aiming it at...

Archived