litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

The New Distinctive, Mid-engined, 2+2 Sportscar From Lotus

Mark H

I knew it reminded me of something... McLaren P11

McLaren_1_1000px.jpg

McLaren_2_1000px.jpg

The McLaren looks nicer, but at £320000 you'd expect it to!

Still not convinced by the Eagle (can we start calling it the Ethos yet?). The line over the front wheel arch looks too high and the nose is too long and out of proportion compared to the rear. And those rear lights look a bit too much like squinty eyes on a fat kid.

I'm pinning my hopes on changing my mind when I see it in the flesh.

All IMHO obviously.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I knew it reminded me of something... McLaren P11

McLaren_1_1000px.jpg

McLaren_2_1000px.jpg

The McLaren looks nicer, but at £320000 you'd expect it to!

Still not convinced by the Eagle (can we start calling it the Ethos yet?). The line over the front wheel arch looks too high and the nose is too long and out of proportion compared to the rear. And those rear lights look a bit too much like squinty eyes on a fat kid.

I'm pinning my hopes on changing my mind when I see it in the flesh.

All IMHO obviously.

Does indeed look similar!

Anyway, Neil - didn't you say you were'nt going to look before going to the show...?

Re. The look: I think there's some rather harsh comments on this post. I'd like to believe that Lotus are trying to aim for the main stream markets - and to do that they have to be a little bit middle-of-the-road in a sporty way. So, I understand and forgive them for using silver on an otherwise beautiful car!!!!

Definately liked it with black wheels!

& If the tuning boys can make the Europa look more menacing and go faster than a ExigeS, think what they'll do with this!

Deffo Want! (but not getting rid of my liz though - want one as well!)

DONT FLAME ME! :D

:clap:

Edit:

Check it out, you can change the colours here:

http://dennis.cerosmedia.com/1B487f128968ece653.cde

Still think they've borrowed too heavily from what's already out there.

The belt-line was novel when it appeared on the Z4.

The Glass house looks like it has been lifted straight off a Koenigsegg CCX.

The Rear end is no more than a tweaked S2 clam.

And the front end was clearly just knocking around the workshop from the old M250 project!

Maybe a tad harsh, but I wanted to be blown away and I'm not.

Just out of interest - if somebody was interested in buying this, what else would be on their shopping list?

Dunc

Anyway, Neil - didn't you say you were'nt going to look before going to the show...?

Nah, that was Jon. I figured I'd see photos before getting to the show.

My comments probably are a touch harsh. The car is OK, but I was hoping for better than OK, especially with the build up going on for several years!

Hopefully I'll fall in love when I see it in the flesh. :rifle:

Follow L7YSE's link above to see it in different colours! I'm usually a sucker for British/Lotus racing green, but the two-tone paint-job with gold wheels completely changes the look of the car. I quite liked it before, but it's beautiful in red and grey with a gold stripe. Beautiful.

Just out of interest - if somebody was interested in buying this, what else would be on their shopping list?

Dunc

TVR Sagris or T350

Ginetta G50

BMW Z4 Coupe

Not that interested in Porsches myself but I guess that you would have to put the Cayman in to the mix.

And thats about it IMHO

Dunc

TVR Sagris or T350

Ginetta G50

BMW Z4 Coupe

Not that interested in Porsches myself but I guess that you would have to put the Cayman in to the mix.

And thats about it IMHO

Hey! Those are my views!! :rifle:

Not when you hear the price is £65k :rifle:

Steve,

Where did you hear that figure, base car between £40K-£45K + options, base car will come with leather, carpets, AC + the fancy ICE

Darryl

Follow L7YSE's link above to see it in different colours! I'm usually a sucker for British/Lotus racing green, but the two-tone paint-job with gold wheels completely changes the look of the car. I quite liked it before, but it's beautiful in red and grey with a gold stripe. Beautiful.

MMmmmmmm I agreee :unsure:

Type 49 colours iirc

gallery_2240_259_36952.jpg

Also nice:

gallery_2240_259_25515.jpg

Good luck to them. I don't think Lotus give two hoots what Elise owners think as it isn't aimed at them. I'd consider it, but only as a second hand buy.

Archived