litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Mloc Hethel Convoy - Morning Of Sept 14th

Hi Bill. I was going to keep to the same route I did last year with similar pick up points as it worked really well. If you wanted to meet us at one of these and gather others together on a route down to meet up with the main convoy that would be great. But as we said before, what I'll do is pick up other convoys enroute, ie whoever comes down with Scott, etc.

Hopefully we'll be on for a mass convoy :)

I was going to cross post this on SELOC as last year a few people joined us from there.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ticker:

Point A Kidderminster

1. JonS

Point B Hopwood Park

Point C Corley Services

1. Scott (North Staffs group)

2. Jo23 (Jo and Liam)

Point D A14

Point E Cambridge (exact location tbc)

Ticker:

Point A Kidderminster - 6:30am

1. JonS

Point B Hopwood Park - 7:00am

Point C Corley Services - 7:30am

2. Jo23 (Jo and Liam)

Point D A14 - 8:00am

Point E Thrapston Services - 8:30am

Point F Cambridge (exact location tbc) - 9:15am

Arrive at Hethel circa 10:15am

NORTH STAFFS GROUP

Meeting at

Stoke City Football Ground - The Britannia Stadium

Stanley Matthews Way, Stoke On Trent, ST4 4EG

We will be leaving to at 6:15am sharp and proceeding to 'Meeting Point C' - Corley Services

If you intend to be traveling down with this group can you please update the ticker stating (North Staffs group) that way we will know the count for the group.

Ticker:

1. JonS

2. Jo23 (Jo and Liam)

1. Gary ZBJ

Ticker:

1. JonS

2. Jo23 (Jo and Liam)

1. Nick (i wanna ferrari)

1. Gary ZBJ

Coming from Yorkshire/NorthDerbyshire, I can meet :
A) ChesterfieldB) Close to M1 J28 (if Phill S1 has a place to suggest)C) can do Donington service station (even if it is close to point B)C')Leicester Area (Dave, any suggestions???)And meet other convoys at point D (see JonS'post)

Could meet at Trowell service station on the M1 as one possibility. 40mins from point D according to Google maps so that would make it around 7.20am???

Ticker:

1. JonS

2. Jo23 (Jo and Liam)

2. Phil S1 (fentuz convoy)

1. Gary ZBJ

Cheers guys.

Just a quick point - if you are meeting at one of the Main pick up points (the ones I have laid out here) then you should get there in good time - we dont want to have to wait for a sub-convoy to meet us. Like last year, I just want to sail through with a quick minute stop to make sure we are all correct and present.

Times may vary remember, I'm going by Google maps, which generally are pretty good to go by, we wont be thraping it down the outside lane so if you make sure you are all at the point where you say you'll be prior to the stated pick up time, we should all be fine and dandy :)

Can't wait!

EDIT: I have also recieved a great suggestion from one of the guys on SELOC for the Cambridge pick up. Cambridge services on the A14 at Boxwell, here.

Whole route is now this.

Ticker now stands at (inc SELOC):

1. JonS

2. Jo23 (Jo and Liam)

2. Phil S1 (fentuz convoy)

1. Gary ZBJ

Point F Cambridge Services, A14 - 9:15am

1. cvolp (SELOC)

2. HairyDuck (SELOC)

3. NathanE (SELOC)

Do any of the Leicester people or those coming down the M1 from the north want to meet me at the Leicester Forest East services and we can travel down to A14 together?

I could meet up with both you and fentuz at Leicester Forest East instead of Trowell...no problem :)

I am not sure if I am going on the Saturday and staying over somewhere or travelling down on the Sunday.

If it is the Sunday I am tempted to use my usual route to Peterborough (Derby, Kegworth, Meton, Oakham, Stamford) and then drop past peterborough on the A1 so that I can pick up the convoy at Point E or Point F.

My route is not a bad drive at all - and I always enjoy it when travelling to Peterborough on business. I have not done it in the Lotti yet but at that time on a Sunday morning it should be great. So if anyone is interested in travelling that way and still pick up the convoy for the last section to arrive in style then it may be worth organising this little sub-route.

i am travelling from Ashbourne by the way.

Just as an FYI, I've added an event to the SELOC calendar with a ticker and points people are to join at, I'll tie these two together when we are closer to the date. It can be found here.

Also added to the MLOC calendar.

:unsure:

Do any of the Leicester people or those coming down the M1 from the north want to meet me at the Leicester Forest East services and we can travel down to A14 together?

I could meet up with both you and fentuz at Leicester Forest East instead of Trowell...no problem :)

I can meet you there too as only down the motorway from me (coming from Syston in Leics). Any further away and I am bound to get lost :unsure: Just need to sort out a meeting time.

Archived