litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Hethel Exhibition Cars

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We now have exactly two weeks left to decide which vehicals we wish to exhibit and agree arrangemetns with the owners, I make the list as follows;

1. T-Series conversion - Phil S (will need a trailer)
  2. Elan M100 (Rare Blue) - EMK/Liz/Mrs MartinR
  3. Elan M100 (BRG) - JonS’s Dad's
  4. Elan plus 2 - Neil F's (whose is this please, I can't find the owner)
  5. Europa on the MLOC calendar - Whose was this?
  6. MLOC LOT car - ChrisH
  7. MLOC LOT car - Stumason
  8. 340r - Dr H (may need a trailer depending on weather)
  9. Lotus Carlton - Keif

LAST CHANCE for anyone to suggest another nominee....

It seems the other clubs are displaying cars which are very specific to their clubs (LCarltons for Autbahnstormers, Elans for LEC etc). We have a mix of cars in MLOC and a very wide range of activities, so this will be difficult to choose three cars which truely depict MLOC, though a conversion, a race car and something a bit unusual will give a good spread (not that I intend to influence the voting public at all!).

Any last comments before we open a poll? MartinR please can you help drum up any more interest/thoughts on this important point, to make sure we have canvased a good respresentation of the club for opinion, thanks.

3. Elan M100 (BRG) - JonS's Dad's
  4. Elan plus 2 - Neil F's (whose is this please, I can't find the owner)
  5. Europa on the MLOC calendar - Whose was this?
  6. MLOC LOT car - ChrisH
  7. MLOC LOT car - Stumason
  8. 340r - Dr H (may need a trailer depending on weather)
  9. Lotus Carlton - Keif

As already stated, i can't make it on the Saturday. Not sure on the Sunday yet. However i try to work things it's a no go. :rolleyes:

It also depends how Jet lagged i am. :blush:

• Elan plus 2 - Neil F's (whose is this please, I can't find the owner)

Hi Sonya,

This is me & the plus 2 is the lime green/silver one at the photoshoot on Saturday, I'm currently in negotiations with SWMBO about whether I can get to Hethel on 13th/14th. Should know in the next couple of days. More than welcome to have the car on the stand if I'm going.

Cheers,

Niall

Bad news!

I'm now at a 'surprise' 40th on the Saturday and then have to go to Northumbria on the Sunday :)

Still not sure if the respray will be done by then either, so sorry to say best count me out.

There are other 340Rs on here (David Whalley for example) so a 340 may still be a possibility.

Sorry all!

Bad news!I'm now at a 'surprise' 40th on the Saturday and then have to go to Northumbria on the Sunday ;) Still not sure if the respray will be done by then either, so sorry to say best count me out.There are other 340Rs on here (David Whalley for example) so a 340 may still be a possibility.Sorry all!
Dr H, great shame. Keif and Alan Stinton won't be able to exhibit cars either, so the list now looks like this;
  3. Elan plus 2 - NiallF
  4. Old Europa on the MLOC calendar - Whose was this?
  5. MLOC LOT car - ChrisH
  6. MLOC LOT car - Stumason

Yes dear :) No wonder Chris looks hen pecked :) This is the gentleman with the +2 i believehttp://www.midlandslotus.co.uk/forum/index.php?showuser=46As for the Europa, i think it was just a pic and AFAIK not a member of MLOC.I will put another post in general regarding nominees.
Cheeky! My husband is far from henpecked, just hen-nibbled from time to time!Thanks for posting on homepage. Lets hope we get more interest or it'll be a simple poll!

1. Europa on the MLOC calendar - Whose was this?

I took the picture of the Europa at Lodge corner Oulton Park it's a Banks race prepared Europa. I would guess he's not a member of MLOC.

I should be OK to bring my 340R along if needed. It's not nearly as tidy as Leigh's, but has some interesting history (belonged to Danny Cadamarteri and then Dick Lovett's grandson Edward, and was featured in Classic and Sports Car 2 years ago).

OK then, all change....

3. Elan plus 2 - NiallF
  4. MLOC LOT car - Stumason
  5. 340R - davidcwhalley
  6. S1 Elise - Miles
  7. S1 Elise - steve-n

Archived