litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Hethel Exhibition Cars

We have the chance to show 3 cars at our exhibit. They will be entered into a Lotus 'Best in Show' competition, quite a presigious prize, should one of our cars win it. I am trying to locate some large Alu car stands, like those in use in showrooms to make it a bit more of an exibit. We wouldn't expect the cars to be in concourse condition, but a bit of spit and polish wouldn't go amiss!

We need to select three of our club's cars and this thread is where we will choose the lucky three. Nominations should be posted here and we may even run a poll for the top selection to decide the finalists. Please add to the ticker....

Suggestions so far are;

1. T-Series - Phil S

2. An Elan (to show we're not all about Elise/Exige)

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great suggestion Mark.

I think Phil has to be prime location - if he can make it! That itself could get us a lot of exposure.

Also throwing in a classic would be a nice idea, 1. Conversion, 2. LOT car 3. Classic

Something more interesting for people to look (not that I'm saying the other cars arent worth a look, but you know what I mean)

Great suggestion Mark.

I think Phil has to be prime location - if he can make it! That itself could get us a lot of exposure.

Also throwing in a classic would be a nice idea, 1. Conversion, 2. LOT car 3. Classic

Something more interesting for people to look (not that I'm saying the other cars arent worth a look, but you know what I mean)

Yes, a racer would be good! Has anyone ask Stu or his to mates with the 160's?

It's the classic which could be more difficult. What about Neil F's Elan plus 2 or there was the Europa on the MLOC calendar, although I'm not sure that belongs too?

I can't make it (working) but if nominations I'd go for Liz's turquoise (?) Elan.

kim

Or my Dad's BRG M100 Elan but he is a less than active member (on the site, not physically!! :crybaby:)

These cars should also be representative of Mloc members.

I noticed there are a few sprinters... perhaps a sprint/ hill climb car could be a good racer if the elise trophy can't make it???

For the classic, there are here some members from "elan central", could be an idea

For the classic, there are here some members from "elan central", could be an idea

Lotus Elan Central are exhibiting too, and are putting 2-3 cars up on their stand. The more the merrier!

I quite happy for my car to go on the stand to represent the racers if none of the MLOC LOT racers wants to. I'll still have all my sprinting numbers / stickers on.

I'm happy to stick a load of extra MLOC stickers on as well. ( been thinking about doing that anyway)

Chris

It's the classic which could be more difficult. What about Neil F's Elan plus 2 or there was the Europa on the MLOC calendar, although I'm not sure that belongs too?

Well it wont be the MLOC 2005 Le Mans 1p per mile sponsorship car - the Excel aka Silver Tardis ....

It change hands today .....

Sadly ...

Archived