litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Hethel Exhibition Cars

Final few days before we need to inform Lotus of our exhibition cars. Current list looks like this;

1. T-Series conversion - Phil S (will need a trailer)
  2. Elan M100 (Rare Blue) - EMK/Liz/Mrs MartinR
  3. Elan plus 2 - NiallF
  4. MLOC LOT car - Stumason
  5. 340R - davidcwhalley
  6. S1 Elise - Miles
  7. S1 Elise - steve-n
  8. Elise SC - cmm_elise_s
  9. S2 Exige - Harvey
  10. S2 Elise paintjob - STRaNGe BReW
  11. Anymore for anymore?

Poll will start in next couple of days, but we need a few more please...

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you really want it you can still have it as I really dont think I can start the stripdown (the mrs will kill me). It does run but really rough now so I dont care if you run it or not as the engine is getting replaced! It will be OK to drive into position and off the trailer etc but no good for timed 0-60's! Then theres just the chips round the back of the spoiler where the clam fell over :clap: . I would have had it repaired but cant get it to the body shop now (now the clams coming back off would rather wait anyway just in case). Its not too bad just looks like this:

P1030052h.jpg

If your not bothered about those either then by all means take it! With the MOT out now aswell will it be insured properly?

So sorry its all gone pete tong at the last minute. God how wrong can things go for me?! Its only the chips on the spoiler and the fact it doesnt run let it down! Minor details. The rest of the car is mint :D:D

With the MOT out now aswell will it be insured properly?

That's a really good question Phil, I'm not sure if it will be insured properly at all as insurance is predicated on have Road Tax and MOT isn't it? I know road tax needs MOT and Insurance, but I'm not sure if it is the ase the other way around. Help - can anyone tell us?

If it's not insured, due to not being MOT-ed, I think it's a no-go (bbo) and you'll have to just finish off the conversion display details we discussed, thanks.

That's a really good question Phil, I'm not sure if it will be insured properly at all as insurance is predicated on have Road Tax and MOT isn't it? I know road tax needs MOT and Insurance, but I'm not sure if it is the ase the other way around. Help - can anyone tell us?

If it's not insured, due to not being MOT-ed, I think it's a no-go (bbo) and you'll have to just finish off the conversion display details we discussed, thanks.

No MOT = insurance not valid I believe.

TBH I think its a no go myself. I cant let MLOC have a non running non MOT'd car with a scratched clam as your main exhibition car can I! It's a sad shame but its just unfortunate with the timing of everything going wrong etc. Sonya I'll put together a write up towards the end of the week so at least you can display it on a board. Let me know what you think.

TBH I think its a no go myself. I cant let MLOC have a non running non MOT'd car with a scratched clam as your main exhibition car can I! It's a sad shame but its just unfortunate with the timing of everything going wrong etc. Sonya I'll put together a write up towards the end of the week so at least you can display it on a board. Let me know what you think.

Lets agree its a no go so you can concentrate on getting a few photos and notes together. As per our PM please let me know when you'll have something together.

Lotus50 aka Richard

has a 50th anniversary elise............one of only 50 made

might be worth contacting him

Final few days before we need to inform Lotus of our exhibition cars. Current list looks like this;
  1. T-Series conversion - Phil S (will need a trailer)
  2. Elan M100 (Rare Blue) - EMK/Liz/Mrs MartinR
  3. Elan plus 2 - NiallF
  4. MLOC LOT car - Stumason
  5. 340R - davidcwhalley
  6. S1 Elise - Miles
  7. S1 Elise - steve-n
  8. Elise SC - cmm_elise_s
  9. S2 Exige - Harvey
  10. S2 Elise paintjob - STRaNGe BReW
  11. Anymore for anymore?

Poll will start in next couple of days, but we need a few more please...

Lets agree its a no go so you can concentrate on getting a few photos and notes together. As per our PM please let me know when you'll have something together.

OK cool. Sorry about this guys, if you get lotus to throw a 61st celebration I'll aim for that :o

I can start stripping her down now and find out whats gone wrong (AGAIN) :) .

Sonya I'll sort you something out towards the end of the week. :D

Lotus50 aka Richard

has a 50th anniversary elise............one of only 50 made

I've PM-ed but can't send an email, so hope he picks up the PM. In the meantime I need to set up the poll so watch this space.

EDIT - he won't be able to make it due to being in Barbados!

MLOC has spoken! The winners of our poll to determine the three MLOC exhibiton cars are;

Elan M100 - MartinR/EMK

S1 Elise Trophy Race Car - Stumason10

S1 Honda-ed Elise - MilesH

Well done to those winners and good luck for your entry into the Lotus Best in Show competition. I will contact you all seperately to make final arrangements.

Poll results are here;

Elan M100 (Rare Blue) - EMK/Liz/Mrs MartinR [20 ] [21.98%]

Elan plus 2 - NiallF [ 6 ] [6.59%]

MLOC Elise Trophy Racecar - Stumason [ 22 ] [24.18%]

340R - davidcwhalley [ 8 ] [8.79%]

S1 Elise - Miles [ 18 ] [19.78%]

S1 Elise - steve-n [ 3 ] [3.30%]

Elise SC - cmm_elise_s [ 4 ] [4.40%]

S2 Exige - Harvey [ 9 ] [9.89%]

S2 Elise paintjob - STRaNGe BReW [ 1 ] [1.10%]

Our winners are;

Elan M100 (Rare Blue) - EMK/Liz/Mrs MartinR [20 ] [21.98%]

MLOC Elise Trophy Racecar - Stumason [ 22 ] [24.18%]

S1 Elise - Miles [ 18 ] [19.78%]

However, Miles' car is now in the garage so our third exhibitor will be;

340R - davidcwhalley [ 8 ] [8.79%]

Thanks to everyone who voted and those who offered to take part.

Archived