litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

The Car Crowd Cafe

DeanB

A new car cafe has opened in Edingley, near Southwell in Nottinghamshire.  By pure good fortune it is less than a mile away from my house (😊) so I have nipped down for a brew in the Elise three times now.  It's not a big venue but the cafe itself is like a cool man-cave with a massive picture of a Type 49 GP car on the wall, the coffee is good and all sorts of cars turn up. I like the place.

I have no connection to it, I just thought I would put up a post in case anyone local fancied calling in.

The cafe is an add-on to a classic car investment business, and some of their portfolio of cars are on display including a Renault 5 GT Turbo, Sierra Cosworth, Integra Type R, 205 Gti and so on. They also have a Lotus Omega that is having some paintwork done but should be on display in a copule of weeks.

Dean

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Elisemadray said:

I Luv the lancia 😍 had one in my early twenty's

I had a couple of those as well Ray the last one suddenly sprouted rust all over it in a couple of weeks, and the first time I took my wife out the back window fell out brilliant cars though.

1 hour ago, Elisemadray said:

would the cafe be suitable for a breakfast stop? for one of the Notts/Newark runs?

Yes I think so Ray, I'm pretty sure they open Sunday morning now.

5 hours ago, PJT said:

I was thinking this, but didn't want to step on Dean's toes.

Don't worry about that mate, feel free to organise something. You have a better handle on the roads round there than me! 

Archived