litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Waxing makes my car is a dust magnet!

dobber82

Howdy - one for the detailers out there... just lately I have found that when I was my car it is literally a magnet for all sorts of countryside dust, rain dust and general debris.   My standard routine is (which now Ive written it my neighbours must think im insane)

• thorough rinse
  • wheels
  • snow foam pre wash
  • rinse
  • specific detailing areas - i.e. badges, grills, handles
  • rinse
  • wash car
  • rinse
  • dry
  • wax (dodo juice hard candy -carnuba based wax)

Do I need to through another rinse and dry in?

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good shout ... thank ya kindly - will give it ago ... its a dark colour so shows dust etc so easily anyway ... im probably just being a bit pedantic about it 🤣🤦‍♂️

I'm literally in the same boat as you and do a similar wash. I feel mine is static. Some days are better than others.

But boy does it get a film of dust fast when it does haha

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

Yeah its mad ... its gleaming and like new ... I don't drive it and literally within the day its covered in dust.  I live on a country lane so get that dust settle will happen.  My wifes car that I give a decent but not as thorough was too always looks mega admittedly one is dark and one is light ... maybe I should try less hard 🤣 

I think its static.  Today there was just loads of blossom stuck to it 🤯 ... thinking I might (once waxed) give a quick spritz and buff/dry with Dodjuice quick detailing spray

The last couple of weeks have been really bad for this, i think it might just be dust settling out of the air due to lack of rain for a while.   I've noticed my washing line is the same, hung all my washing up and when i came to get it back in realised everything had a dusty mark on it where it touched the line

There has been dust from the Sahara recently. But, also, it's that time of the year for tree pollen. This might be the cause of your worries. My Volvo is very dusty and I've not washed, or polished it recently.

Another Dodo addict. :clap:

Thought you might use blue velvet or purple haze on your car dobber!

Instead of polishing all the time (you can't do it every wash surely) try some future Armour.

Doesn't it all smell so lovely and edible!

PJT ... 

Yes i did think about the blue velvet/purple haze ... but I like the pink ... random I know!

I dont polish all the time either - that is like a every 4-6 month job ... I do like to wax tho 🤣 I often use an aqua wax (on a wet car).  I will check out the future Armour.  Smells amazing ... wife thinks im mental!

Lithosapian ...
I think this is probably right as well and at the end of the day ... driving it is more fun than cleaning it.

On another note has anybody machine polished theres?  I never have and to be honest ... a little scared.  Would probably try it on the wifes first 🤣.  Think the first  owner wasnt a great washer as have a few swirls I would love to get rid of but again probably trying to get a brandnew look that is probably not possible.

On 29/04/2021 at 13:20, duncx said:

:lol: You lot!  :lol:

Just drive the damn thing :drive::clap:

Lol, hoping to go it mine tomorrow, gave it quick wipe with an old rag - should be fine 😂

Archived