litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Revelation!!!

PJT

So, we have been picking blackberries to make jam (and a pie).  Sugar was required and I was tasked to be the hunter gatherer and go to the supermarket , three minutes drive away.  Reason enough to pull the Lotus out of the garage!  Three hours later, I returned with the sugar.  Needless to say, certain words were spoken to me expressing displeasure in my actions.

This has lead to the revelation.

I can’t be the first to choose a ridiculously long route to a destination to maximise time driving.
I can’t be the first to be reprimanded for such an action.

This must be a much repeated scenario throughout the history of Lotus cars.

It has to be where the reputation of unreliability comes from.

”Hello dearest, I’m back with the ............... you asked me to get.”

”WHERE THE BLOODY HELL HAVE YOU BEEN FOR THREE HOURS?”

”Well, your know, the darnedest thing, sweet pea.  The blasted car broke down again.”

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sadly not Lotus related but I will tell anyway...

Many years ago, my mate's wife passed her driving test after a few attempts. From the test centre she dropped off the instructor and then went for a quick drive for fun. My mate returned from work to find her missing and a little later she phoned home from Torquey (280 miles away!), having gone there because "she knew the way" and was enjoying the drive :lol:

7 hours ago, duncx said:

Sadly not Lotus related but I will tell anyway...

Many years ago, my mate's wife passed her driving test after a few attempts. From the test centre she dropped off the instructor and then went for a quick drive for fun. My mate returned from work to find her missing and a little later she phoned home from Torquey (280 miles away!), having gone there because "she knew the way" and was enjoying the drive :lol:

🤣🤣🤣

• 3 weeks later...

Archived