litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Newbie here

scottswatches

I just saw a post on Facebook by Scotty Scott about the Rutland Water drive last weekend - not far from me and I would have loved to have come along.  So I signed up so as not to miss the next one.

I used to have a M100 S1 - J460BRA, which was up for sale again 6 months ago at a dealer.  I thought about it, but went for a 1969 +2 instead with a christopher neal roof chop.  The back seats might be handy.

More pics to follow - the first six months have been fun, but now the mechanicals are in tiptop shape the cosmetics are next.  

I also have a 2004 Mercedes CL500, which is about to go in favour of a more practical car (Mini Cooper)

IMG_20200720_162122_111.jpg

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks @MrWill.  In the first six months it has had a new alloy rad, new alloy fuel tank (including a one way valve, otherwise fuel spills out of the filler!), CV driveshafts, LED exterior lighting, tyres and a stainless exhaust - so loads of invisible stuff.  Next is a new roof, which won't be cheap, and a new dash to replace the homemade one.  As the dash is coming out then I may as well rewire it too.

You never really own an old Lotus, you just keep restoring it for the next owner!

7 hours ago, scottswatches said:

Thanks @MrWill.  In the first six months it has had a new alloy rad, new alloy fuel tank (including a one way valve, otherwise fuel spills out of the filler!), CV driveshafts, LED exterior lighting, tyres and a stainless exhaust - so loads of invisible stuff.  Next is a new roof, which won't be cheap, and a new dash to replace the homemade one.  As the dash is coming out then I may as well rewire it too.

You never really own an old Lotus, you just keep restoring it for the next owner!

Nice work.  For me working on the car is half the fun. I expect your having a ball. Keep up the good work. 👍

Ps met your half brother "Swiss" the other day.  Sorry.  V. Poor.  😬

On 05/08/2020 at 21:45, MrWill said:

Nice work.  For me working on the car is half the fun. I expect your having a ball. Keep up the good work. 👍

Ps met your half brother "Swiss" the other day.  Sorry.  V. Poor.  😬

i liked the joke. I like bad jokes 😁

• 2 weeks later...

Archived