Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Lotus Number 4...

Daveb99

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Daveb99 said:

Haha cheers - don't forget the parking sensors :-)

It's Carbon Grey....

One of the best colours.

You’ll just have to get it looking as clean as Phil’s Evora now!

and once you’ve done that you can do mine 😁

Please tell me you're kidding? Bet it weighs more than a Veyron!!

Factory fitted option....! And judging by the rear 3/4 visibility in the V6 I think they will come in useful ;-)

I just hope Lotus never start offering cars that drive themselves... Would have been useful for Dr H in his 340R days though...

2 hours ago, Daveb99 said:

Factory fitted option....! And judging by the rear 3/4 visibility in the V6 I think they will come in useful ;-)

I just hope Lotus never start offering cars that drive themselves... Would have been useful for Dr H in his 340R days though...

Lol!

Fish too i reckon  😁

4 hours ago, Daveb99 said:

Sensors AND camera in the Evoras Andrew!

Wouldn't be without either ;-)

3 minutes ago, Daveb99 said:

Phil, did you mistake the Evora for a German saloon when purchasing...... ;-)

Lol, there was no chance of that happening Dave...the Evora has soul :)

Enjoy getting to know something new! Another S1 off to the continent...

I know Keith, not what I had planned (thought this one really was a keeper..) but once you've had your head turned...

It's going to a very, very good home though, In Normandy - a garage the size of my back garden with a polished floor, I kid you not.

Proper enthusiast too. I know it will be very well looked after and Greg will doubtless do the mechanical bits (suspension) that I've been delaying due to other priorities. He has an early MMC S1 and 111S already, both under 15k miles on the clock and spotless...

Lovely bloke - he has invited me over for the Le Mans Classic!

The wait continues.....

There's a reasonable chance I could be collecting it in the next few days now though, just waiting on a certain transfer to clear....

Spent today clearing out the garage properly & creating more width for the Exige - as it's 4" wider it seems.

Few more pics..fb0cdb1d904401cbf3997f3388593236.jpgea0b32ec387e3afa47f8977ee111367f.jpg2d9e5f50a5822ed4017c7effe221cc0e.jpg64c867460772e9522a493d140808ace1.jpg

If it's like the Evora then it's wider and with longer doors than we've been used to. Expect it to be just as awkward to get in and out of in your garage B)

Definitely wider Phil - so I won't be able to open the door as wide in the garage, but not sure if the door is any longer - I presume it's the same length as S2 doors..

I'm expecting to increase my monthly trips to the chiropractor for my back trouble to fortnightly, the joys of Lotus ownership!

Looks like I may be picking it up on Thursday...happy days :-)

It's just my perception that the doors on mine are longer than an S1, I've never actually measured them. Thinking about it a little more it may be that the driving position is more forward relative to the door opening and I find myself sliding the seat right back when getting out in tight spaces, which I never had to do in the 49.

Obviously the Evora is a 2+2 as well so that may mean the doors are perhaps longer than your Exige will be.

Not long till Thursday :-)

Archived