litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Thinking It Might Be Time To Sell

un1eash

As I said before even the TT rs is boring but if you do go down those lines try a good 225 Mk1 you can tweak the engine very easily and each one after the mk1 has had more and more of the driver input and feel taken away. The mk3 may as well come with a public boaring warning you can sleep it's okay because the computers will handle everything for you.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's not a good total Lotus mileage for the year.

Done 5000 miles in the Evora since end of March this year, and 7000 miles in the Elise since last November.

Come on then MLOCers, what have you done mileage wise in the past 12 months?  I know Eddie's will be through the roof - ha!!

Iv gone from an Exige 240 to a TT 2.0tdi black edition. Brilliant car, great economy and reasonably fast and handles well. Miss the lotus but love the comfort and reliability of the Audi.

Talk to us about emissions young Edeson...... ;-)

I've done 2500 miles since I bought mine in April/may... Can't stop taking it out for the odd blat.....

I just don't seem to find the time these days. Driving to work in traffic seems a waste also. Doesn't help I've torn my cruciate ligament and waiting till after baby is born before having it fixed so I'm struggling to get in and out right now which won't get any better for a few months after the op.

Done 5000 miles in the Evora since end of March this year, and 7000 miles in the Elise since last November.

Come on then MLOCers, what have you done mileage wise in the past 12 months? I know Eddie's will be through the roof - ha!!

Any chance the Evora out and about .

It's the V6 and the sports exhaust .

Love it .

But in the end a least you can tick to box that you owned a Lotus which will be a dream for some people very very lucky people .

Don't do it! Mine has been off the road since January undergoing a suspension refresh. I've missed driving it so very much, but progress has been slow due to limited time and funds. I'm a full time dad, but when I've saved for the insurance, MoT and tax, I'm going to purge all that frustration when I get it back on the road!

You'll miss it when it's gone, and limited mileage shouldn't come into it. Few miles means little cost, so just bide your time. Wrong time to sell a convertible anyway.... ;-)

I would love an Evora but prices are a little high right now but give it 12 months when things have settled down i'll be looking at seriously getting one.

I wouldn't hold your breath for Evoras to come down in price.  The oldest / cheapest have barely moved in the 18 months I have owned mine (or the year that I was keeping track of prices before that).

That being said I have had mine for sale on PH / classifieds on here and Seloc for over a month and haven't had a single enquiry.  Also Silverstone have had a similar one up for over a month and their stock normally turns over pretty quickly.  Some might say that is due to a need for a price correction, but another view would be that it (unfortunately) seems to be a very limited market of people who understand how good these cars are and it is the wrong time of year.

But I would agree with the majority on here who say put it off as long as you can.  I actually bought my first Lotus when my daughter was about 1 - you need something to do to escape for an hour.  For me it was a choice between the car and golf, and my wife decided to put her foot down at 5 hours for a round of golf!

Come on then MLOCers, what have you done mileage wise in the past 12 months?  I know Eddie's will be through the roof - ha!!

8000 miles in my Exige since I picked it up in May :P

Don't sell it, Life's too short......

5,500 in the LF1 since April and 1000 in the Elise since May, Both will be out on the road through the winter to biggrin.png

Imo Andy LF1 put away till spring when the salt comes :)

Drive it is my motto. 10k miles since June 2014. And it's a toy.

Cruciate ligament sounds painful mind.

Bottom line is if you're losing the 'investment' to the house or a kitchen upgrade... Well, don't, ha ha !

If it's going into 'man toy' pot , then all good !!!

My wife would sooner invest in a new Kitchen,

or garden stuff...

Oh, and Raise the kid to be a petrolhead :-)

Archived