litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Raidillon Takes A Scalp !

russelld

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My car arrived at Gav's this morning, I went straight after work to take a close look at the damage.

The front has 2 x bent wishbones and a broken disc caused by the bottom ball joint being pushed into it. The good news is there is no damage to the tub.

work%20and%20car%20damage%20046_zpsxrxii

work%20and%20car%20damage%20047_zps1rm8r

work%20and%20car%20damage%20048_zpsu1lkn

work%20and%20car%20damage%20049_zpsftw22

The back end has a broken toe link rod end, some damage to the sub frame and damage to the clam.

work%20and%20car%20damage%20050_zpsoa3tg

work%20and%20car%20damage%20051_zpsamfft

work%20and%20car%20damage%20052_zpsb5qbg

So all repairable but not sure what will happen with the insurance assessment, hopefully I should know by next week.

My fingers are crossed that they will agree to repair, if they don't I will be looking into buying it back.

If they write it off you I was told by Aviva (underwritters of CCI) I could get market/agreed value less 25% and the car if a CAT D or less 35% and car if a CAT C, definitely worth buying it back

Russ, i once had a situation where the insurance co wanted to write the 205 off after someone reversed in to it, i accepted money in lieu of repairs and the car wasn't put on the register.

Glad to see it's all repearable!

Archived