Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Suspension Advice Please

DeanB

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

looking good Dennis

Cheers, I also stiffened up the ARB, don't know why other than what is the point in having an adjustable ARB if you have it on standard/middle setting ;0P

Mine has taken about 4 weeks what with cleaning/painting the wishbones, changing the wheel bearings etc, typical lotus,I was just drilling the holes in the rear subframe for the upgraded toe links, should have been half an hours job it took me about 4 hours :0(

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there,

Sorry to thread hijack, but saves starting another thread

I have just purchased an Elise..

While I am very handy with cars, the elise is new to me an unsure exactly what it handles and what rattles and bangs are normal..

It seems to drive fine, just has some odd noises..

I am in Nottingham, is there anybody in Nottingham who can look/drive and ensure all is ok?

Thanks

Hi there,

Sorry to thread hijack, but saves starting another thread

I have just purchased an Elise..

While I am very handy with cars, the elise is new to me an unsure exactly what it handles and what rattles and bangs are normal..

It seems to drive fine, just has some odd noises..

I am in Nottingham, is there anybody in Nottingham who can look/drive and ensure all is ok?

Thanks

Theres a few in notts no doubt they will post up. If you want a guru to look over her for you nip down to see Gav at Unit 4 in burton. Local lotus legend and will take a thorough look for you

Theres a few in notts no doubt they will post up. If you want a guru to look over her for you nip down to see Gav at Unit 4 in burton. Local lotus legend and will take a thorough look for you

Thanks for that, I Appreciate that!

I will contact him and also see what local folk post up too..

Thank again

Hi mate I'm in Radcliffe on Trent having re done the whole suspension etc etc I can say it's quite an easy job.

I can have a look around her with you at mine if you wish, this is my Secound and they are quite easy to see big issues etc.

Which suspension do you have?

Any other mods?

Different exhaust etc etc.

Oh and welcome to the fold! :)

Hi mate I'm in Radcliffe on Trent having re done the whole suspension etc etc I can say it's quite an easy job.

I can have a look around her with you at mine if you wish, this is my Secound and they are quite easy to see big issues etc.

Which suspension do you have?

Any other mods?

Different exhaust etc etc.

Oh and welcome to the fold! smile.png

Wow, I live in Radcliffe on Trent ha!

It has standard Bilsteins, which have been replaced once, 30k ago..

Only modifications are removable wheel boss, hurricane induction and grooved discs( clearly none that effect knocking)

It has an oval lotus performance exhaust

That would be amazing.. a local look before I take it further afield..

Thank you

Gents,

What media did you use to blast the hubs, wishbones, steering arms etc? I've got the front stripped now, and will be getting a guy in our village to push out the bearings (fronts already done), and blast the crusty bits. 

Jody, would you have a set of struts I could borrow to get the rear hub nuts off please? 

Cheers,

Kurt

I used a spiny wheel on a drill to clean everything up and then painted the wishbones in por15 and the ball joint mountings (that bolt to the hub carriers) in gold Hammerite.

I did go a bit OTT on the spec considering my use (mainly road use) NTR 40's and rose jointed wishbones etc. but wow what a difference, it is so much quieter, I think it is due to both the new dampers and the rose jointing

Ha ha small world!

I'm on Hillside rd if you want to pop round later you can?

My number is 07730517104

Jode.

Massive Thanks to you sir...

Really appreciate you looking over the little green machine..

Enjoyed the spin in your car too!!

Thanks again

Archived