litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

A (Potential) Visit To The Battle Of Britain Memorial Flight.

KurtB

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks alot Kurt what a fantastic day out - what about a job as the Museum Curator with your knowledge?

Got a great quote from you in the background of a short vid I shot  - 'I'll wait for the photographers to calm down a bit before I start'  - not sure that ever happened!

Best wishes on your retirement, Andrew & Mandy

You're all more than welcome, I'm humbled by your words, and thank you for coming along. I hope it was pitched ok, it's difficult (without really knowing the background of your audience) to not be too extreme with the information I'm pumping out. I am genuinely flattered by your comments and so pleased with the turnout, quality and variety of Lotus (and Alfa!) cars. I'm sorry we couldn't get the image I mooted, but that was at the discretion of the engineers, work comes first.

As an aside, although I only worked at BBMF for a short time (as a secondment from my regular job on a spy plane), it was the reason I joined the RAF in 1991. I've always been passionate about historic aviation, and tales of derring do! Alas, I don't choose where I wanted to work, so I'm glad I had a nibble of the cherry.

I hope it's given you all an insight into the military, historic aviation and some very nice slices of UK heritage.

Leigh, yep, last day tomorrow, I'm sure my leaving function will be messy! The RAF turned the boy into a man, and took away my naive view of our world. I've loved my time, but now it's time to put family first. Roll on 2 years of quality time with my toddler, before starting in a new profession again.

Thank you all again, stay safe.

Kind regards,

Kurt

Elaine / Reg - your Esprit really does look like a true supercar. As you passed my you looked all calm and cossetted inside. I feel like I've been beaten round the head .........

Supercar it is. Now you know why we went back to Esprits after we sold the Exige. The Exige was very good, but you feel like you're pushing it all of the time. With the S4s the power really is effortless. wub.png  

Did your shades stay on? They looked like they were hanging on for dear life when we went by! laugh.png

Kurt, did you get back into Waddington ok?  About halfway home Reg said 'Hey, did Kurt pick his I.D up from the Guardroom?'  ohmy.png

Many thanks again,

E&R. :)

Couple of my pics

15422184555_21de723608_z.jpg

15419014961_4d4d1d40c3_z.jpg

15235464529_5e980f8f50_z.jpg

15235542160_dbbf98f55a_z.jpg

15419795851_c5af249747_z.jpg

15399136636_3bb18a7cf8_z.jpg

Supercar it is. Now you know why we went back to Esprits after we sold the Exige. The Exige was very good, but you feel like you're pushing it all of the time. With the S4s the power really is effortless. wub.png  
Did your shades stay on? They looked like they were hanging on for dear life when we went by! laugh.png

Kurt, did you get back into Waddington ok?  About halfway home Reg said 'Hey, did Kurt pick his I.D up from the Guardroom?'  ohmy.png

Many thanks again,

E&R. smile.png

They just about stayed on. They eventually tangled themselves into my hair so were quite secure up on my head.

• 2 months later...

For those on the visit that recall me prattling on about the Lancasters use as a test we with wing sections attached to the upper fuselage in place of the mid upper turret, here's the pic.

post-4214-0-10716600-1417899976_thumb.jpg

Archived