litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

5 Points For The Trophy.

scatty

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I did in my scoob mate, it does weigh a tonne. But sadly if I want to sell it, exige owners are a bit anal about having air con in....

Oh and I've ordered a pro alloy rad as well. It flippin expensive when you've got the week off and time on your hands.....

Scatty you think your unlucky - I have had my Elise for 1 month almost to the day! I have in this month had the following carried out....

C service

2 x cambelt

New Alternator & Belt

Faulty resistor pack and rattling blower motor ( Clam Off )

Buggered locking wheel nuts

2 x Front AD07 tyres

New coolant cap

After driving to Gav's to get the buggered wheel nuts out I drive all the way home to get coolant all over my windscreen 1 mile from home - back to Gav's again! Knacked Alloy radiator!

So in summary I have covered 500 miles in 1 month ( 125 driving to Unit4 and back ! ) - COST PER MILE = circa £4.40!!!!

What have I let myself in for with this Elise ownership?

Wow - i thought my first month was unlucky (flagged down with a knackered wheel hub within half a mile of picking it up from the dealer followed by a weeping schock two weeks later) but i've got nothing on that!

Oh well, the only way is up from there i suppose ;-)

Archived