litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

5 Points For The Trophy.

scatty

I'm currently sat in Burton station waiting to get home. (Think 1978).

I'd been to gav to have a new air filter fitted when gav noticed a slight crack on my coolant bottle. A bit of prodding and it was clear it was very brittle in places and needs replacing. Rather than risk driving home, we've ordered another for delivery 2mz. God bless elise spares on eBay.

So 5 points for an overnight stay at chez gav's. it's got a friend there so they can shiver together. I'm glad gav spotted it, or it could have been more expensive than my £8 train fare to Nottingham! How much!!! (I sound like dean).

It's a good job gavs eyes are as sharp as the haircut he's given himself....:-)

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He will need a bigger workshop the way some of MLOC are perfoming of late smile.png

Some of you should do what i have done. Take it all apart and leave various bits around the house and away being mended. When its all in bits it cant break down.

Mines coming apart soon, wishbones off etc all cleaned up and painted all needs to be done outside though as the garage is not big enough to do all 4 corners at once! ;(

You have to come round Scatty and have a go on a breaker bar!!?!?!?!

My coolant bottle went brittle a couple of years ago. It appears to be uv that does it, obviously on a Toyota there is a bonnet covering it so not a problem.

Price for a new one is fairly eye watering even from Toyota rather than lotus. Think it was £85

Jodie, I could do with mine tarting up I think.... :-)

Onzy, stop stalking me!!!! :-) gav had probably put it outside to warm it up and stop it from freezing the windscreen in his workshop.... :-)

Chris I got one for £85 from elise spares. Gav's chap or lotus wanted about £140.. For a plastic bottle.... Good grief.....

Archived